Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've just been perusing the various league tables.

Now, I know the championship is a competitive league but a third of the way through the season there are just 11 points separating QPR in first place and Blackpool in 21st. That seems incredibly close even for the championship.

By comparison the same points gap in the Premier league separates first from seventh.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Blackburn in second have lost 7 times this season, that's more than Coventry and West Brom who have both lost 5 times but sit in the bottom 3.

Preston have scored just 9 goal this season in 16 league games but are just 2 points outside the playoffs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not the best league in the world but maybe the most entertaining one. Mixture of styles, future world class players battling with gritty old men who'd really should play non-league football, and some seasons, like this one, everyone can beat everyone.

Currently it is standing still though while the PL is always improving. Not seen one team this season where I thought "they're building something exciting and could take the step up and stay up".

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I missed some of the Championship midweek results and had to check to see if QPR were really top. They are to my surprise.

It's an exciting league but lacking in quality,

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not the best league in the world but maybe the most entertaining one. Mixture of styles, future world class players battling with gritty old men who'd really should play non-league football, and some seasons, like this one, everyone can beat everyone.

Currently it is standing still though while the PL is always improving. Not seen one team this season where I thought "they're building something exciting and could take the step up and stay up".
I may be corrected on this.
But when I watched the Albion in the Championship at the Amex, the atmosphere, football and fans, were real.
I'm not saying the football played now is not real, just that the Albion fans are mixed in with plastics and their tissues gushing over some stereotypical PL star.

Maybe I'm getting older :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I may be corrected on this.
But when I watched the Albion in the Championship at the Amex, the atmosphere, football and fans, were real.
I'm not saying the football played now is not real, just that the Albion fans are mixed in with plastics and their tissues gushing over some stereotypical PL star.

Maybe I'm getting older :shrug:
People were complaining at the time though that half the ground was plastics. Some things never change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here