Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Carter Cup - Brighton Goalies shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm one of the sponsors of an annual charity football tournament in Cyprus, the Carter Cup.
(Carter Cup charity football tournament, Akrotiri, Cyprus.)
It's a tournament played every September by British service personel teams (Army, RAF & Navy) as well as some local teams such as the local Police Force and others, and raises money for several local charities as well as Help for Heros.

I've noticed the goalie for CJPU (Cyprus Joint Police Unit, combined RMP & RAF Police) was sporting our current goalies shirt, anyone know who it is?

gp-194.JPG
gp-195.JPG

The tournament was won this year by the Republic of Cyprus Police Force, the first time a British military team has failed to win the tournament.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's my dad!! Recently purchased the top with the Bogof offer..

Is he an ex pat, or RMP/RAF Police? My brother tells me there were fewer teams this year as a lot of people had been shipped to the UK to make up for G4s balls up with the Olympics. The referees were all knackered, having virtually no time to recuperate between games, it was very hot, apparently your Dad was, to say, the least, a little hot and breathless when my brother tried to have a chat, CJPU lost in the final of the Carter Plate.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
RAF Police and at 52 he's doing well to keep diving around. I've not played in a couple of years due to ankle injuries so I envy him still playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here