Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bollocks being spouted by the media on the GP to Chelsea story

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Piece on BBC with the headline 'Brighton fans were booing their team 12 months ago'. What a load of tosh. There were a few boos after the draw with Leeds not aimed at Potter or the team, but simply frustration with the result.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great thread. What a load of patronising nonsense. Talking about Potter and saying how great it will be for him to manage such talented players. Have they seen the league table recently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And loads of mentions of when he got booed, but no mention it was a few idiots. Brighton fans largely stuck with Potter through a dreadful run.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Managers very rarely "take" players with them.

I asked this on twitter once (when Potter was off his way to Spuds) and none of the Johnny come lately Premiershite fans could name an instance.

Moyes went from Everton to Man Utd, Fellaini followed.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Should Potter be announced as the new Blues manager, he could look to bring Tariq Lamptey back to Stamford Bridge with him. Lamptey left Chelsea back in 2020 after agreeing a deal to sign for Brighton and has developed into a key player for the Seagulls.

The 21-year-old is one of Brighton's star players after leaving the Blues with former manager Frank Lampard allowing the youngster to leave the club. Lamptey followed in the footsteps of Mason Mount, Reece James and Billy Gilmour as he became the seventh academy graduate to feature under Lampard for Chelsea but opted to leave due to his desire to play regular first-team football, with James now having nailed down a starting spot at right wing-back.

The Blues were thought to be interested in signing a new right wing-back in the summer transfer window to provide competition for James and Potter may look to act on that by pursuing a deal for Lamptey.
…was in floods of tears today apparently, bless him!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
…was in floods of tears today apparently, bless him!

I imagine this has affected “his” players way more than us fans in fairness. TB has his work cut out stabilising the ship

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Laughable article - James is much better than Lamptey (and Lamptey knew it that’s why he has chosen Ghana at international level), Colwill’s contract cannot be terminated (there may be a Jan window clause but I thought it was season long), remember Chelsea just signed 3 centrebacks (Cucurella will be LCB as Chillwell is a better player) for over £150m. I expected Cowill will never play for Chelsea

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This whole booing thing. All about club size. How dare a smaller clubs supporters boo their team. At bigger clubs it happens weekly. Think spurs were booed off at HT last night
How dare we boo? Who do we think we are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think what you like, and I agree it's bizarre they've singled out Lamptey as he's a squad player for us, we WILL be loosing Caicedo and probably one other (Webster/Trossard/MacAllister) to Chelsea in the next 12 months. If you're one of these people that doesn't take bad news very well, I'd start preparing for it now. Being in denial that it will happen will only end badly for yoy.

If Chelsea/Potter come in for Caicedo (or Mac Allister) in January or next summer, just how much do you think TB will insist on as a transfer fee? Eye-watering isn't even in the runners and riders!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Piece on BBC with the headline 'Brighton fans were booing their team 12 months ago'. What a load of tosh. There were a few boos after the draw with Leeds not aimed at Potter or the team, but simply frustration with the result.

Potter's going to have to toughen up for when the Chelsea boo boys start

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If Chelsea/Potter come in for Caicedo (or Mac Allister) in January or next summer, just how much do you think TB will insist on as a transfer fee? Eye-watering isn't even in the runners and riders!

Ali Mac won't have long left on his contract, so we're not in a great bargaining position imo

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can see Caicedo going there. The rest I don’t think would meet the expectations at Chelsea, great as they are for us.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Has been a terrible week so far. Our club has been ripped to shreds by the greed of a big club. What use is money in the bank? We know you can throw 20 million about for players but finding the right player is still difficult. We found the right management formula and scouting system and good players and now it's all been ripped apart for the sake of money. I hope Potter and his band of merry men fail. Now all we are going to hear all season is about our best players leaving to join him at Chelsea. The club really needs to make a statement to boost our confidence as fans that we can become stronger as a club from this because at the moment I think we are in a fragile situation. It absolutely ridiculous what has happened in the last few days. It really is soul destroying that this has been allowed to happen.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Think what you like, and I agree it's bizarre they've singled out Lamptey as he's a squad player for us, we WILL be loosing Caicedo and probably one other (Webster/Trossard/MacAllister) to Chelsea in the next 12 months. If you're one of these people that doesn't take bad news very well, I'd start preparing for it now. Being in denial that it will happen will only end badly for yoy.

There’s a difference here. Tony does not stand in the way of people who want to leave the club, but he does not let them go unless he gets the fee he wants.

The idea that all these players will leave is an emotional reaction at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here