[Other Sport] The Boat Race

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Atmosphere absolutely electric on the banks of the Thames, an estimated 400,000 in attendance, absolutely incredible scenes. Here's hoping for an Oxford double (preferably -1.5 lengths for my ACCA to come in) and no trouble between the Cambridge and Oxford fans.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Atmosphere absolutely electric on the banks of the Thames, an estimated 400,000 in attendance, absolutely incredible scenes. Here's hoping for an Oxford double (preferably -1.5 lengths for my ACCA to come in) and no trouble between the Cambridge and Oxford fans.
I am thrilled and shaking with excitement on this great day of days, the world famous boat race being celebrated by every man, woman, transgender, gender neutral, non-binary, agender, pangender, genderqueer, two-spirit, third gender and inter gender person in the country.

With mere hours until the celebration of Jesus Christ’s resurrection, this promises to be a spectacular 24 hours in the British calendar and one I’m sure we’ll be discussing for decades to come.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Light Blue in this household View attachment 179567
All for Oxford Blue in this family 😛 (so named after Christchurch college colours and the team who crewed the first ever boat race in 1829)

Christchurch dark blue
IMG_1765.jpeg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
People talk about violence at football, but has anyone seen the award-winning documentary "Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men - The Boat Race"

In "Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men - The Boat Race," we dive into the cutthroat world of rowing, where muscles are flexed and egos collide. But forget about the traditional rowers; meet Tarquin, the unexpected underdog from Eton. With his monocle firmly in place and a posh accent that could charm the Queen herself, Tarquin takes on the rowing world with a vengeance.

But it's not just about winning the race for Tarquin; it's about proving that the elite can be just as deadly as the toughest of brawlers. Armed with cucumber sandwiches and a fierce determination, Tarquin navigates the treacherous waters of rivalry and class warfare, all while trying to avoid spilling his Earl Grey.

With Danny Dyer's unique commentary adding a touch of gritty charm, "The Boat Race" becomes more than just a sporting event—it's a clash of cultures where the posh and the gritty collide in a comedic crescendo of oars and uppercuts.
You mugging me off you melt!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Um, think again on that one. As with most sports these days it is far more egalitarian than you give credit for. I would hardly call our Olympic medal winners over the last couple of decades Hooray Henrys or Henriettas.
Agreed. I have worked with many of them over the last 14 years on my social impact project. They to a woman and man been the heartbeat of the project that has raised £615k now for good causes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here