Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Big Bang (or not).

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I agree that there is bound to be life on other planets, how could there not be in an infinite universe however I don’t believe they have given us the technology for the advancements made in the last 100 years. Simply if that is the sum of alien technology then it’s a bit shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe aliens have given us technology either, but considering the Juno mission to Jupiter travelled about 2 billion miles in 5 years missing its ETA by 1 second, I think saying our technological achievements are ' a bit shit ' slightly on the harsh side !

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You make a good point. If we have had access to technology that has bought aliens from far away (it seems fairly settled that there aren't any close by, as far as i know anyway?) why have we still not taken anything more than a tiny step out into the galaxy/universe?

If the whole "we stole some tech from some UFOs" thing is true (not saying it is or isnt), it doesn't necessarily mean we would understand all of it. If you travel 500 years back and leave your smartphone, it is still unlikely that smartphones would be in common use 50 or 100 years later.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the whole "we stole some tech from some UFOs" thing is true (not saying it is or isnt), it doesn't necessarily mean we would understand all of it. If you travel 500 years back and leave your smartphone, it is still unlikely that smartphones would be in common use 50 or 100 years later.

Makes sense. It kinda negates the whole 'look how far we have come in such a short time notion" though doesn't it.

Especially as we have nothing relevant to compare it to.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Technological advancements lead to their own technological advancements.
This is why we have come a long way quickly and wars speed up technological advancements.
It is fed by a sort of necessity.
There must be life out there somewhere, as the universe is vast and full of possibilities.
It always makes me laugh when I see films that depict seriously advanced aliens who's sole purpose in coming here is to eat us !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
intel life.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"spacemen" are featured in Egyptian hieroglyphics and Aztec and Mayan carved works....so i'd have to agree with your last sentence for sure.

no images that people say look like spacemen feature in those stone works. those cizilizations existed thousands of years apart, why no visits elsewhere or more recently?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Aliens might well have visited this planet, and may well do so in the future. But the variables in the aliens don't exist because we have not discovered them, are time and space.
How long have "modern" humans been on this planet, and in that time how long have we had the technology to search for other civilisations on other planets?
Then factor in time, and the vastness of our own galaxy, not including all the other billions of galaxies, who is to say that earth has not been visited in the past or might be in the future.
Given our direction of travel, as humans, if there is a visit shortly (from "time" perspective) in 5000 years time, we may not be around to welcome them.

PS. I do believe that aliens walk among us, although my only proof is Croydon.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
no images that people say look like spacemen feature in those stone works. those cizilizations existed thousands of years apart, why no visits elsewhere or more recently?

i don't know :shrug: given the vastness of what we are talking about maybe they just haven't turned around yet , neither of us can know either way conclusively.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here