Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The best we’ve ever played?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, not even the best we've played this season.

I'd throw the home games v Arsenal and Leeds in the mix. Played them both off the park. Yes there was more frustration from an inability to convert chances, but I think (may be wrong) we created more chances in those games than we did last night, and both were equally dominant over 90minutes.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Alan Shearer said both teams were poor in the first half, so it must rank as one of our best because, clearly, we pinged the ball about too fast and accurately for him to notice. Last night was the first time I can ever remember sitting watching on the TV and thinking we are outclassing the opposition with our passing, ball control and use of space. We even ran rings around them when taking the ball from our own goal line into their half. What a shame it more or less dries up in the final third, although there were a few nice pieces of interplay and fancy flicks that didn't quite come off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Last night out play at times was electric, we passed it round brilliantly, to the point you dont see many of the top teams look that good on the ball.

It was certainly up there with top 5 AMEX performances based on performance alone. Result wise clearly not. Oddly I thought that was the best we had played at home since Leeds. I missed Brentford for obvious reasons.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is the best half a season of football I've ever seen the Albion play in my 53 years.

We've had a bad 10 mins vs Villa and Wolves, a bad 20 mins vs Everton and a bad first half against Man City. That's basically 90 minutes of bad football out of 2000-odd minutes played. Amazing consistency, and with key players missing throughout.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't really think you can count last night, being as Chelsea were so very, very tired.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last night out play at times was electric, we passed it round brilliantly, to the point you dont see many of the top teams look that good on the ball.

It was certainly up there with top 5 AMEX performances based on performance alone. Result wise clearly not. Oddly I thought that was the best we had played at home since Leeds. I missed Brentford for obvious reasons.

If we’re including Leeds and Brentford in this discussion, imho Albion 2-0 Watford back in August was special. Bissouma, Lallana etc were all amazing, they couldn’t live with us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I don't really think you can count last night, being as Chelsea were so very, very tired.

I was actually surprised they didn’t come out for the second half already in their pyjamas, having had their baths and brushed their teeth at halftime. That way they could have gone straight to bed after the final whistle. It’s a tactic we sometimes use with our kids, Tuchel should give it a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here