Quite a line up!Full lineup - I see Elvis Costello was in there?
I think a distinction needs to be made for those "supergroups" that are formed 1) organically such as CSY (and N) against those that are formed as 2) a side project (such as the country supergroups above) or 3) those that come together as a tribute act or for charity.The Highwaymen: Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings.
Trio: Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt.
Or after a few substitutions, this
Any other “super group” contenders ?
That sir is a lineup, but no more than the Big O deserved, amazed they got them all on the same stage!Quite a line up!
- Roy Orbison - lead vocals, electric rhythm guitar, electric lead guitar on "Ooby Dooby" and "Go, Go, Go (Down the Line)," harmonica on "Candy Man"
- Glen D. Hardin - piano
- James Burton - electric and acoustic lead guitars, electric and acoustic rhythm guitars
- Jerry Scheff - upright bass
- Ronnie Tutt - drums
- Alex Acuña - percussion
- Jackson Browne - backing vocals
- T-Bone Burnett - acoustic guitar
- Elvis Costello - Acoustic Guitar, Electric Organ, Harmonica, Backing Vocals
- k.d. lang - backing vocals
- Bonnie Raitt - backing vocals
- Steven Soles - backing vocals
- J.D. Souther - backing vocals, harmony vocals, acoustic guitar
- Bruce Springsteen - rhythm and lead electric guitar, harmony vocals, backing vocals
- Michael Utley - electric organ
- Tom Waits - electric organ, acoustic guitar
- Jennifer Warnes - backing vocals
Cream, surely - Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker (one of my favourite drummers of all time up there with Art Blakey and Neil Peart) - great musicians in their own right
And Clapton of course - Who uses a Wah like that these days - what a sound?!