Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The battle for UNESCO World Heritage Status

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Being basically the equivalent of a madridista in terms of UNESCO sites, my very important and totally non-random opinion is that the Shetland site is the most interesting.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Being basically the equivalent of a madridista in terms of UNESCO sites, my very important and totally non-random opinion is that the Shetland site is the most interesting.
It certainly looked beautiful on David Attenborough’s Wild Isles series. The most dramatic parts are difficult to visit though I would imagine. The only World Heritage sites I have visited are Hoi Anh and Liverpool ! Do you know the criteria for the decision making ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Liverpool isn't a WHS any more.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
It certainly looked beautiful on David Attenborough’s Wild Isles series. The most dramatic parts are difficult to visit though I would imagine. The only World Heritage sites I have visited are Hoi Anh and Liverpool ! Do you know the criteria for the decision making ?
I was just joking about the fact that I'm Italian and Italy is the country with most heritage sites in the world; I have no particular knowledge about the criteria though I'm sure you can find some very generic principles on the UNESCO website. The only site I visited among the ones mentioned there is York, which I liked a lot, but I hope I can visit the UK again soon even though I'll have to renew my passport before then and the waiting list is long; it was so much easier when you guys were still in the EU and I only had to show my ID :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here