Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Bald & Follicly Challenged Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why not just buy a clipper set and do it yourself at home?

I find it too much hassle. there’s a barbers next to work, I find it much easier to pop in there for 30 mins on a Friday. It’s a Turkish place and I get the full Monty of hair, beard, ears and nose waxed plus a wash and then they massage cream into my head. They also pour me a Turkish tea. It’s very relaxing. I have an emergency set of clippers at home but enjoy my Friday pampering treat.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I had my hair cut in France in 1975 and was told my hair was going thin on top.

44 years later it's much the same now as it was then. It's still longish and wavy, albeit a lot greyer! and a few years ago I would have claimed that CMS copied my hair style.

If I had gone bald, I certainly would not have tried to hide it.

I was 21 and had a brother 6 years older who was already bald so wasn't surprised....... but it didn't happen!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I would have a full head of hair but wet shave it my head.
Long story short, I had really long hair and a full beard many years ago and shaved it off down the local for charity.
Raised loads of money, looked in the mirror and thought it actually looked quite cool being bald with a goatie so i kept the look.

Doesn't make me a bad person

I actually did the same.. Got my head shaved (by a jumbo jet) for cancer charity about 16/17 years ago to support my local landladies daughter who had been diagnosed with cancer. I liked it too.. Since then I have shaved it short, although not bald, grade 2...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is the Burnley fan accused of racially abusing Gaetan Bong. He evidently favours the scorched earth look. The look of consternation on his son's face is his worry that he might have inherited his old man's baldness genes and that he'll soon be starting the process of losing his blonde mop top.

Maybe the father's animosity towards Gaetan stemmed from his underlying envy and resentment of Gaetan's own luxurious full head of hair which he expressed by racist abuse to draw attention away from his actual baldness insecurities and confidence issues. That argument might have made a credible defence if the prosecution hadn't already ballsed the case up.

View attachment 116701

I thought this was a thread about being folically challenged? Not sartorially incompetent

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Me neither. It has receded at the front a bit (I am 61 after all) and is grey at the temples, but I have no tonsure. I have a number one back and sides, anyway. I am not a ****ing hippy.

My two brothers have increasing amounts of hair loss in inverse proportion to our ages (I am the eldest). Which amuses me a bit. The 'inverse hair' rule I call it. Something I never mention, of course.

:facepalm::lolol:

I am the middle of 3, it is the same in my family.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
"I am not a ****ing hippy."

Aging hippie here, at heart anyway.... peace and love to all..
Nowadays I am follicly challenged but so what? Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. The wife can trim what's left quite skilfully so I don't pay barbers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"I am not a ****ing hippy."

Aging hippie here, at heart anyway.... peace and love to all..
Nowadays I am follicly challenged but so what? Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. The wife can trim what's left quite skilfully so I don't pay barbers.

I was channeling my punk rock era persona. No offence meant. Man. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What I can't understand is that I still think I have a fine head of hair but in all photos regardless of whether I've just been to the barbers or am about to go, it looks like I have virtually no hair.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I find it too much hassle. there’s a barbers next to work, I find it much easier to pop in there for 30 mins on a Friday. It’s a Turkish place and I get the full Monty of hair, beard, ears and nose waxed plus a wash and then they massage cream into my head. They also pour me a Turkish tea. It’s very relaxing. I have an emergency set of clippers at home but enjoy my Friday pampering treat.

This is the way.....I normally do myself at home (so to speak???) but every now and then I let it grow out a little longer and then go down to the gents peluquería for a full monty treatment - because I deserve it!! I actually like being follically challenged, having a full head of hair was always such a faff!!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
......Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. The wife can trim what's left quite skilfully so I don't pay barbers.

Notwithstanding your appalling grammar and punctuation why are you assuming Barber's wife would charge you for trimming your hair? I imagine she hardly needs the money so would be more than prepared to do it for no payment if you asked her nicely.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Sometimes I think Will Gompetz gets away with it, other times I’m not so sure. Fair play to him for not going down without a fight though.

article-1216375-06980036000005DC-84_468x358.jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Sometimes I think Will Gompetz gets away with it, other times I’m not so sure. Fair play to him for not going down without a fight though.

View attachment 116713

Very much in the fair play camp, I think, especially as someone who has spent an inordinate amount of time trying to hide follicle challenges on media calls...but I sometimes think he symbolises how men on telly are allowed to look however they like whereas people are often totally unforgiving towards women

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here