Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The attempted robbery of arsenal players

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
London has Gone seriously downhill in the last few years. What with the south london gangs and eastern European mafia types no wonder middle class people are leaving in their droves.it will only get worse.

Yes, and the only way to turn it around is to have more pro-active policing, and to catch and punish people. It isn't rocket science. The recent cuts in police numbers and the refusal of Sadiq Khan to allow stop and search have clearly had an impact. Some things are simple - intellectual analyses of social causes does not stop crime - action does.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Everyone loves a brave hero but Kolašinac was clearly endangering his life taking on two young men with large knives.
We could easily have now had a situation where he had left a widow and children with no Dad.

We don't need heroes, just more investment in policing, education and social care.

Which is exactly why western culture is seen as soft. How does a man who fights back against crime end up being criticised FFS? :facepalm:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It must just be me, but having stopped and seen that the weapon is a knife, why not just get back in the car and lock the doors, as I don't believe a knife would be able to open the door, and just dial 999 from the car.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The robbers chased the car for fifteen minutes, apparently. It looks like a pretty substantial 4X4 to me - wonder why they didn't just knock the two cvnts off their scooter.

Merc G63 AMG - serious bit of kit that'll stick out, even in London. Unfortunately, he'd probably end up doing a 5-stretch if he'd run them down. Kolasinac has that Balkan blood cursing through his veins and clearly fancied his chances.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really? the number of lads getting jooked around that area tells me those scumbags wouldnt think twice about stabbing him.

Sod the watch, it's insured and not worth dying for.

I don't think he realised how dangerous that situation was.

It’s fight or flight isn’t it, he clearly didn’t take time think it through, but as his wife was in the car his natural instinct to protect cane over.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How come the Police didn't get to them if they drove around in North London for 15 minutes being chased by knife-wielding attackers?

I think over 50 stations have been closed

Most places around Platts / hermitage lane employ private security

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It must just be me, but having stopped and seen that the weapon is a knife, why not just get back in the car and lock the doors, as I don't believe a knife would be able to open the door, and just dial 999 from the car.

They were carrying roof tiles (to break the windows)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Having seen Kolasinac up close, he is a serious unit and I’d imagine quite a scary prospect for some jumped up little hood rat.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
How anyone can question Sead what’s his name? He took on knife welding thugs with his bare hands, the bloke is a hero!! No shits were given that bloke deserves a medal. Lock the car and dial 999... **** off

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac left out of Arsenal squad to face Newcastle United over security fears

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/09/mesu...rsenal-squad-newcastle-united-clash-10547535/

A statement from Arsenal said: ‘Mesut and Sead will not be part of the squad for our opening match against Newcastle following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police.

This is worrying because clearly they are worried for either them or their families as a carry on from the attack as the game would be a guaranteed time they would be miles away from home.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
This is worrying because clearly they are worried for either them or their families as a carry on from the attack as the game would be a guaranteed time they would be miles away from home.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-newcastle-game-premier-league-a9051846.html

Mesut Ozil: Two men charged over incident at Arsenal midfielder’s home as he misses Newcastle game

Two men have been charged with a public order offence after a “security incident” outside the home of Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil.

Ferhat Ercan, of Highgate, and Salaman Ekinci, of Tottenham, were arrested and charged on Thursday 8 August following an incident in Camden.

The two men, both 27, are due before the Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on 6 September.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Arsenal: Man pleads guilty to attempted robbery of Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-man-pleads-guilty-knife-attack-a9136091.htm

A man has pleaded guilty to attempting to rob Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac.

Ashley Smith, 30, admitted to trying to steal watches from the players during an attack in Hampstead, northwest London, in July. Smith will be sentenced on 1 November.

Smith appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court via video link on Thursday morning to admit to his role in the ambush.​

Jordan Northover, 26, has also been charged over the incident and is due to appear before magistrates on Friday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At what point do you think the words 'oh f**k' were thought?

[tweet]1192133415518253057[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here