Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That West Coast train queue at Brighton station after the game. What's that all about.

D

Deleted User X18H

I had the boy with me today but, I never usually get back to Brighton until about 2 hours after the final whistle.

Blimey it snaked for miles. Lot's of arguing and moaning at staff. How do staff stop those looking getting a mainline train, sneaking around and jumping the queue.

Crazy!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stupid woman stopped people catching the 17:33 grrrrrrrr

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is there really any need for any Queuing systems at Brighton after the game?

Probably not, but you can't be allowed to get home without being inconvenienced, you are a football fan you know.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Its messed up because of the building works

Whats going on between Brighton amd Preston Park? I walked over the bridge at Dyke Road Drive and it looks like a load of shrubbery and whatnot has been cleared on the extreme Eastern side, just routine or something being put there?

Speak, oh oracle!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I queued up for westbound trains and eventually got
Through the queues for a train to Hove departing from platform 3, which had a rail across , spoke to the guy who worked there who said I should have joined the other queue. I always join the same queue after the game at Brighton station. I told him they need to make it clearer if they have changed it. He eventually relented and let us through. But was ridiculous.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We queued on the concourse for the 1733. They then let us through with only seconds to spare to leg it round with kid in tow to jump onto train. Just as dangerous..

Would have thought they may have been leading you round for the next train if anything - sounds like a cock-up though.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Whats going on between Brighton amd Preston Park? I walked over the bridge at Dyke Road Drive and it looks like a load of shrubbery and whatnot has been cleared on the extreme Eastern side, just routine or something being put there?

Speak, oh oracle!

New sidings being built for first capital connect mate

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I stayed back for a pint, got to Brighton and *just missed* the west coast 17.53 as it pulled away. Stupid bovines in front dawdling along round the boarded up bit made me miss it. I should have sent them SPRAWLING, by rights.

I had to wait THIRTEEN MINUTES for the next one. Just imagine what I could have done with that 13 minutes. I could've had sex four times.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I stayed back for a pint, got to Brighton and *just missed* the west coast 17.53 as it pulled away. Stupid bovines in front dawdling along round the boarded up bit made me miss it. I should have sent them SPRAWLING, by rights.

I had to wait THIRTEEN MINUTES for the next one. Just imagine what I could have done with that 13 minutes. I could've had sex four times.

Why didn't you spend the 13 minutes humping the bovines

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Do you want hundreds of people dangerously crowded onto the narrow platforms of 1 and 2 ?

It's just about the least dangerous platform area to let people onto, surely? It's a terminus so there are no through trains (unlike Falmer where they let a counted hoard through to wait) and at Brighton, those 2 platforms are adjacent to each other so you could let a certain highish number in to wait from the outset, then more when a train starts to fill.

After all, it's no different from any other station where the platforms get busy - but it's only football fans that they treat like sheep in pens. If people were on their way to or from work in the rush hour and got penned in like this rather than allowed through to the platform, there would be hell to pay!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
For what purpose? Genuinely interested, is it so more trains can be stored by Brighton station for rolling stock etc?

All part of the big delayed thameslink 2000 project, the new super signal box and train depot with loads of sidings being built at the moment at three bridges, then a couple of sidings to hold 24 coaches just outside brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here