• Nothing - football is a contact sport etc etc

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It would have been easier if the ref had blown for the deliberate swing of the leg on Moder by Hudson Odoi, whilst laying on the floor after he won the first tackle.

Bizarrely the ref may have missed a trick there. Did he see that cynical swing? If he did, his ' get out ' on having to make the big decision was to wind it back and say that's a foul by Odoi.
Gibbs-White - nasty little gimp that he is. Hudson-Odoi didn't come on until 5 minutes after the incident.

I don't think enough has been made of that swipe, tbh. It was a petulant kick out, that caught Moder just below the knee. A more aware / cynical player than Moder - might have made enough of that to see the Forest player facing a VAR check, rather than himself!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I thought it was a red, and I thought the decision would definitely be changed to a red when it went to VAR.

But when the (Czech) TV cut from the view I saw first (from the side) to a replay from behind, it looked much less bad than it did at first. The cut and replay was accompanied by the VAR logo on screen - I'm not certain that that means they were showing the same footage the VAR people were looking at, but I suspect so.

If that's the case, I can see why the VAR guy might have thought "well, it's not a good tackle but nor is it a clear and obvious error by the ref". If that's what happened, we got lucky because I'm still sure it should have been a red. IMO both the ref and the VAR made a mistake there that I see as understandable - but I'd still be fuming if it happened to us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gibbs-White - nasty little gimp that he is. Hudson-Odoi didn't come on until 5 minutes after the incident.

I don't think enough has been made of that swipe, tbh. It was a petulant kick out, that caught Moder just below the knee. A more aware / cynical player than Moder - might have made enough of that to see the Forest player facing a VAR check, rather than himself!
Yep - correct VAR should have been rescinded yellow for Moder, red for ratty-White for violent conduct and free kick for us 🤣😬. They should have me on VAR for Albion games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should have been a free kick to us.
How it played out, should have led to a free kick to us, AND a red for Moder.

A savvier Moder would have seen the outcome be a free kick to us, and at least a yellow for Gibbs-White.

Put Bruno Fernandez, Harry Wilson or ANY Villa player in Moder's shoes there, and genuinely I think Gibbs-White would have been looking at a VAR red card check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here