Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That Peter Crouch Podcast

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I couldn’t find an actual thread for this - some mentions in the main pod thread. Massive fan of it here and we are often talked about now our own puddings is massive Steve Sidwell is on there.

Anyway, this episode features a number of Albion anecdotes, mainly on Bloom and a nice nod to our Sidwell song for anyone interested: 19-30 the Albion bit starts.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This podcast has never appealed to me, based solely on trailers and clips, which suggest it’s full of matey ex-pros guffawing and cackling about things which don’t seem very funny. The sort of stuff I can’t stand. I’m more of a Football Cliches man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm too busy for podcasts. Maybe after I retire. There again....things to do, people to see. And that. Innit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm too busy for podcasts. Maybe after I retire. There again....things to do, people to see. And that. Innit.
Listen to the 6/7 mins from 19-30 though - for the Albion bits gramps 😘

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Well I have actually just retired. But anyway, I don’t set aside time to listen to podcasts. I listen to them when doing other things like driving, cooking, and general pottering about. I used to listen to Radio 4 all the time; now it’s mainly podcasts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listen to the 6/7 mins from 19-30 though - for the Albion bits gramps 😘
Ok, son. I'll do it later, after pilates, church and a massive shit. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I have actually just retired. But anyway, I don’t set aside time to listen to podcasts. I listen to them when doing other things like driving, cooking, and general pottering about. I used to listen to Radio 4 all the time; now it’s mainly podcasts.
In seriousness....I look forward to all of that. Unfortunately I have dragons to slay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You need to drop this fantasy of bumping off all those gits in Faversham Wetherspoons.
Unfortunately my dragons are more substantial. Bit of a family crisis. Ah well.

Anyway, time we old buggers went to bed. Nighty night :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I couldn’t find an actual thread for this - some mentions in the main pod thread. Massive fan of it here and we are often talked about now our own puddings is massive Steve Sidwell is on there.
"Now our own puddings is massive" - now I'll have to listen to see if it gives any clue as to wtf that means. I've tried Google translate, but nothing doing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"Now our own puddings is massive" - now I'll have to listen to see if it gives any clue as to wtf that means. I've tried Google translate, but nothing doing.

I was trying to work out if it was an autocorrect but it had me stumped too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This podcast has never appealed to me, based solely on trailers and clips, which suggest it’s full of matey ex-pros guffawing and cackling about things which don’t seem very funny. The sort of stuff I can’t stand. I’m more of a Football Cliches man.
Pretty much this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's a reference to something Sidders said on the podcast, which went 'viral' I believe.

I've not listened to it for a while, certainly not since the switch from BBC Sounds, but always enjoyed it. I'm getting more into podcasts so will try and reintroduce Crouch's one into my life.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Anyway, this episode features a number of Albion anecdotes, mainly on Bloom and a nice nod to our Sidwell song for anyone interested: 19-30 the Albion bit starts.

Enjoyed that. Cheers Sheebo

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I was trying to work out if it was an autocorrect but it had me stumped too.

It's a reference to something Sidders said on the podcast, which went 'viral' I believe.

I've not listened to it for a while, certainly not since the switch from BBC Sounds, but always enjoyed it. I'm getting more into podcasts so will try and reintroduce Crouch's one into my life.

Yes it’s something Sidwell said on a pod and is now his catchphrase ‘puddings is massive’. It was reference to a manager banning puddings at a club canteen once and ended up being an M&S Xmas advert. Think we’re gonna struggle to have everyone singing puddings is massive everywhere we go at the Amex based on this thread 😀

2-30 ish here:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here