Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That elbow on Veltman

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was off the ball. but I saw it at the time, so it must have been on camera. I'm pretty sure they showed a quick replay and then immediately went on to something more important, probably the shade of Grealish's highlights :rolleyes:

They always seem to show one quick replay. They only showed the Veltman thing once - it was a clear violent conduct red! I hate VaR with a passion, or rather our use of it. It’s ruining the game (but we’ll all still watch).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Game's over and gone, folks. Liverpool next.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The handball one irked me. Comma dismissed it straight away yet there is no way of telling if that ball was out or even close to out from the replay we saw. There is a camera VAR can check straight along the goal line right? If there is I’ll bet you anything they didn’t bother checking, I also think it was most likely in play, and even if VAR checked they’d then have to check the handball and it was too much of an effort for them.

This is why I just think get rid of it. Even if the Lino gets it wrong (which most do with balls being out or not) its done and that’s it. With VAR you’re wondering why it’s not checked, if it has even been checked and the next week the same incident will be checked and a pen given. Would rather just human error than the shit show of inconsistency we have...!

I could live with the ref making mistakes in real time, but it really bugs me that they seem to still make mistakes after having a good look at it in slo-mo from five different angles. It also seems to have done nothing to stop players diving, except in the case of zero contact.
The FA set up a panel that is supposed to be able to retrospectively give a 2 match ban to a player who has successfully deceived a match official, except that VAR should prevent this ever happening, so even if the panel think a player dived now, they can't say so without saying VAR failed, so it won't happen, meaning players are back to only risking a yellow card for simulation, VAR has actually reduced the risk for any player taking a dive from a potential 2 match ban, to a booking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As a minimum it was a yellow card and could have been a red.

Should have been a Brighton free kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As a minimum it was a yellow card and could have been a red.

Should have been a Brighton free kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball was out of play so the game had stopped

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Usually the pundits and sky are all over incidents like this if it’s against a top 6 side. Replay after replay until it gets picked up. When they are not involved no one cares it seems unless it’s something accidental that a bhafc player can be punished for. There always seems to be cameras that pick those up.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Game's over and gone, folks. Liverpool next.

THis . . . . we won, got 3 points, the only harsh thing is missing Lamptey, but we don't want Klopp watchingh him tearing his boys a new one, then buying him in Jan . . . .so maybe for the best, its also a free hit game so maybe we'll see a different Right side, Veltman/AJ possibly ?

Sods law says if all the bookings etc had been given, the penalty would have stood. . . . .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
THis . . . . we won, got 3 points, the only harsh thing is missing Lamptey, but we don't want Klopp watchingh him tearing his boys a new one, then buying him in Jan . . . .so maybe for the best, its also a free hit game so maybe we'll see a different Right side, Veltman/AJ possibly ?

Sods law says if all the bookings etc had been given, the penalty would have stood. . . . .

Yep - win some, lose some as usual. Got the three points and could so easily not have done......................quite relaxed about the Liverpool game now.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone got any links to pics / vids of the incidents?

Thanks team! x

Veltman throat strike
Forearm attack on Maupay
Push on Lamptey

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've just watched it all again, I just wanted to punch something. blatant cheating. end of.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've just watched it all again, I just wanted to punch something. blatant cheating. end of.

Yeah same here.

They really are a nasty little club aren't they.

The two elbowing incidents are blatant, deliberate violent play.
The screaming after each and every challenge is deliberate cheating.
Lamptey's second yellow comes after Grealish squeals out seconds after the challenge took place.

Reminded me of the Mourinho quote about nice guys not winning anything.
He's right. Villa know that cheats prosper and that's how they are being coached to compete.
All the while the "most fouled player in Britain" mantra is spouted, they will get away with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would still start with a free-kick I believe as foul play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, the game has stopped with the ball out of play. It has to restart with a throw in/goalkick/corner. If it happened at the time the ball was going off the pitch that's simple as the ref would blow up for the foul. This happened when the ball was dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here