Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That clearance

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dunk could make that type of clearance every week up until Southgate names his final World Cup squad and he still wouldn't get the nod.

Dunky himself probably now feels this himself which is a bloody travesty considering players like Mings still are perceived better equipped to deal with tournament conditions, now how Southgate comes to that conclusion I do not know but he does.

Perhaps Brighton supporters see it slightly with blue and white specs but seriously I currently wouldn't take any other english CB over Dunk, and that's purely based on all the others I see on highlights reels but it's still a good indication of form.

Dunks unbelievable clearance will probably not have even been noticed by Southgate and even if it did he would file it as flukey.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The possible reasons Dunk isn't in the England starting 11 have been done to death on other threads, suffice to say that unless Southgate comes out and tells us we will never really know.
Even in a bad game for him, he still matches the other CBs currently playing

I have seen on twitter the goal line technology video but cant find it now, showing that all of the ball didn't cross all of the line, it was mighty close though with only a couple of mm of the ball not over. The amount of the ball not over the line looked less than the amount the ball was over for the goal against Man Utd when we first beat them, and that was millimetres if I recall correctly

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Love Dunk and makes me proud to have a Sussex lad play so well and so long for us. Superb clearance but the rest of his performance against the top, top players of City showed why, against popular opinion on here, he isn't just quite almost good enough for England and never has been I'm afraid. There I said it, it feels bad, dirty, disloyal but it's true imo. Same reason that despite bed shitting on here has any big team actually made a bid for him? Seems it's always rumours and wishful thinking. And while Potter loves to be able to play players in different positions he should also recognise that Dunk just isn't as good on the right so don't put him there. Yes, yes we know City could have roasted Duffy, and BDB played quite well, but the Dunk n Duffy partnership should have been retained imo.
Club legend, first on the team sheet for us but won't and actually probably shouldn't play for England again.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dunk could make that type of clearance every week up until Southgate names his final World Cup squad and he still wouldn't get the nod.

Dunky himself probably now feels this himself which is a bloody travesty considering players like Mings still are perceived better equipped to deal with tournament conditions, now how Southgate comes to that conclusion I do not know but he does.

Perhaps Brighton supporters see it slightly with blue and white specs but seriously I currently wouldn't take any other english CB over Dunk, and that's purely based on all the others I see on highlights reels but it's still a good indication of form.

Dunks unbelievable clearance will probably not have even been noticed by Southgate and even if it did he would file it as flukey.

It’s like england look at dunk and can’t see beyond his weaknesses. And tbf at the top level he does have them - he’s not the quickest and is average on the ball.
But it seems with everyone else they look at their strengths and overlook their weaknesses - Maguire (slow), stones (accident waiting to happen), Mings (clumsy).
As long as Dunk keeps performing for Albion, that’s the main thing. It’s a shame for him though. And for England.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The possible reasons Dunk isn't in the England starting 11 have been done to death on other threads, suffice to say that unless Southgate comes out and tells us we will never really know.

I have seen on twitter the goal line technology video but cant find it now, showing that all of the ball didn't cross all of the line, it was mighty close though with only a couple of mm of the ball not over. The amount of the ball not over the line looked less than the amount the ball was over for the goal against Man Utd when we first beat them, and that was millimetres if I recall correctly

I saw the still at half time and the ball wasn’t halfway over, let alone all the way over.
Our goal showed a strip of grass and not touching the line at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Think you’ve seen a different event the ball was hardly on the line let alone over

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Love Dunk and makes me proud to have a Sussex lad play so well and so long for us. Superb clearance but the rest of his performance against the top, top players of City showed why, against popular opinion on here, he isn't just quite almost good enough for England and never has been I'm afraid. There I said it, it feels bad, dirty, disloyal but it's true imo. Same reason that despite bed shitting on here has any big team actually made a bid for him? Seems it's always rumours and wishful thinking. And while Potter loves to be able to play players in different positions he should also recognise that Dunk just isn't as good on the right so don't put him there. Yes, yes we know City could have roasted Duffy, and BDB played quite well, but the Dunk n Duffy partnership should have been retained imo.
Club legend, first on the team sheet for us but won't and actually probably shouldn't play for England again.

This is a reasoned summary of Dunk's situation - however, England's CB conundrum just doesn't weigh up when the manager and coaches continue to pick Maguire (horrendously out of form), Tyrone Mings (horrendously out of form) and Connor Coady who has every attribute of Dunk but is not as versatile as our skipper (back 2 vs 3). John Stones seldom has to defend, which is alright in qualifiers, but as soon as England come up against a decent team he's found wanting too. Also, to remove any striped specs, James Tarkowski and Ben Mee are at least the equal of all the players mentioned above but NEVER get a look in because they are tarred with the can't play football Burnley brush. Finally, this Dunk isn't quick enough applies to all the CBs mentioned - especially when they're against elite forwards. At this point, when the shit really hits the fan, you want players who can defend and play against the press; and Dunk is as good if not better than all the players mentioned because he plays in a Potter team. Imho like.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wasn’t anywhere near that close

91235CE6-BCFC-4984-8E29-AEF4BFD9E090.jpeg

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
If I were Lewis Dunk (and, to be clear, I'm not), I'd go and play for another country. His lone cap was in a friendly against the USA so I'd go and fill my boots elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here