Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible Valentines gifts

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
So I'm sitting in the library (not) doing any work... I just earwigged into a conversation where a guy was talking about the box of cereal he's bought his loved one.
What truly crap presents have you ever brought for your loved one or what is the worst gift you could consider buying them?

No one is to say a palace ST.. we are talking about crap presents here not a car crash!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I got an email from Pizza Express earlier to say they had some Heart-Shaped Doughballs on offer to really impress one's bride-to-be. If my girlfriend had an IQ of 17 and weighed 34 stone, then i'd think about it. And, if i were flying solo, i'd get two plates for myself and taste them sorrowfully in the corner of one of their lounges munching mournfully at what might have been, my face awash with butterfat and tears and a splurt of ragu.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
47547821.jpg

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I have been given a hoover , a ironing board cover , also though it was a birthday gift i was given a mini flymo , as at the time i only had a small garden ....... Men tsk .

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
T I bought my ex a new bag and belt for Valentine's day once.
She wasn't impressed, but the vacuum cleaner picked up a treat after . . .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My other half was complaining last year that I had an iPod, her daughter had an iPad and we both had an iPhone, but she had nothing like that. So I bought her a new iRon.

coat on and taxi ordered

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Ok the secateurs weren't that well received I'll grant you and luckily we now don't 'do' presents on Valentines Day so I'll take that as a moral victory... :)

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
mascara.jpg

I gave my ex a tube of this stuff one year, told her it was the St Valentines day mascara.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bizarre. I just flashed a glance at the tile of this thread and thought it read "Terry Venables Dies"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here