Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Terraced House Extension Dimensions Help

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just bear in mind that you are liable for the cost of both your neighbours getting a Party Wall Agreement. It will be cheaper to have the same surveyor covering both of them.

...... and if the neighbour requests a survey (which is quite normal and reasonable) ask your surveyor to do a joint survey - it'll cost a bit more, but much cheaper than paying separate bills for your surveyor and their surveyor.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
its not just the wall its any facia or guttering you put up as well .... just need to make sure its all legal.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just got the tape measure out - if we went the full 5.1m then our wall would run 2/3rds the length of their Conservatory and there would be a gap of circa 200mm between our brickwork and their lovely glass Conservatory on our side for which we would need their agreement

So basically this is the end of the thread... :lolol:

Even the best neighbour in the world would not agree to that, they are just not.
have you got planning permission or do you not need it ?

Mainly glass conservatory type extension maybe the way to go.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
So basically this is the end of the thread... [emoji38]ol:

Even the best neighbour in the world would not agree to that, they are just not.
have you got planning permission or do you not need it ?

Mainly glass conservatory type extension maybe the way to go.
I think it's the end of the 5.1m extension to give us the same 4.5m width as the existing room!

I think we can do the 4.5m extension working inwards from the existing internal wall to give us a 3.9m width. Assuming our boundary is half way on the internal "party wall", again assuming 300mm for the internal wall brickwork, it gives us circa 150mm for overhanging guttering up to our boundary.

Only potential issue is foundations within 3m of next door, even if that needs a Party Wall Agreement for that bit, which I'm not sure we do (according to our builder) I can't see any issues.

No permission required as we are not going out more than 3m.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have you tried asking the neighbours first, before you royally piss them off by taking out half the light from their conservatory and probably infringing on their land.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Have you tried asking the neighbours first, before you royally piss them off by taking out half the light from their conservatory and probably infringing on their land.
Neighbour is happy assuming it goes up the other side of his current fencing - that's the issue getting the width we want going right up to the side of his conservatory (and all the Party Wall guff) which leaves him very little space to even fit a fence in!

Us going for the reduced width means we can do it with him keeping his fence in situ.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here