Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams in the Premier you like

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I arrived in Brighton as a childhood armchair Spurs fan in 1975 and changed allegiance within 6 months (having never actually seen Spurs play live and prior to my arrival not even aware there was a Brighton and Hove Albion). So it’s bizarre that my favourite other PL team is Arsenal, due to Henry and the wonderful football Wenger’s teams played.

The only reason I’m a Brighton fan is down to Peter Ward :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I spent 5 happy years as a student in Liverpool. In that time, I watched quite a bit of Albion losing (usually) in the North West, and quite a few times hitched down to the Goldstone for a home match - in those days it was quite possible to hitch hike to an evening match and still be back in Liverpool in the early morning!
But I also spent some happy moments on The Kop (the real one!), and about that time Shankly introduced a couple of University students into the first team, which was a positive for undergraduates like me! Still like Liverpool now - except when we play them, of course!

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Nah, have you forgot 30th Nov 1996 I am sure as part of our struggle fans marched to the ground and possibly Downing street earlier before kick off, we lost 2-0 and their fans booed us and taunted our fans the whole game, and there were scuffles in and around the ground. So for that reason they can do one.

I was in the Riverside stand for that, along with my Fulham-supporting mate who joined us on the march before the game. The only booing I remember happened when our fans wouldn't throw the ball back. I didn't see anything that even resembled a scuffle.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Mine is a combination of the views expressed by @HWT and @IcyGull. If a game has any potential effect on us - and most do - I will want the best result for us. I have to say though before we went up I usually wanted Arsene’s team to do well - simply because they played really attractive football much of the time and were a joy to watch - comic-book defending often being their undoing of course. Now I quite like the team ethos of Nuno/Wolves.

Fundamentally though we really only support one team Shirley - or we wouldn’t spend so much time on this forum!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Formed in 1877, one of the founding members of the football league and have been playing at their current ground since 1889.

Their floodlit friendlies against European sides in the '50s helped bring about the European Cup.

Iconic club badge on the old gold shirt is instantly recognisable.

An authentic football club with real history.

Wolves.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I like any other team that plays flowing, attacking football.

I might struggle if that's Palace but it's never been an issue there....

Not really into the like/hate thing. I gave that up once I reached my twenties.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I suppose Leicester is the club I would like us to emulate, buying players relatively cheap and selling them on at decent profit, at the same time improving the squad every year and upsetting the big 6 applecart.

Used to enjoy Wolves football, but these days its being used by an agent to showcase his Portuguese stable and line his pockets.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
None really. Maybe a slight soft spot for Wolves and Fulham.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I quite like Fulham coz they’re shit and will likely fill one relegation spot.
I did like West Ham back in the 70s due to their fabulous football ethic. That soon went after Brooking etc retired.
I don’t really like any other club than ours but do look out for Brentford’s results. Always thought they were a similar club to us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have a soft spot for the teams which stick it to the big 6 (Wolves, Leicester, Everton)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I guess most people have an opinion about who they want to win the league depending on family, friends or where they live, which for me is Liverpool, as I’ve lived here since 88. I do love the City and like both Merseyside clubs but was born in Brighton and was in the north stand for many years prior to going to university, so have always supported the Albion. I’m desperate for us to beat Everton and Liverpool, but don’t mind them winning against any other teams. I can’t imagine we’ll challenge for the title any time soon, so until we’re a top 6 club I’ll carry on also liking Liverpool and wanting them to win the league.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I wouldn't say there are teams I dislike(pikeys, dirty, villa, dog wanderers), more like players that wind me up so I hate the team they're playing for. When these players become the money grabbing scumbags they are and move teams, I'll hate that team as well(burnley, bromwich, everton, mancs).

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I really dislike Palace, but quite like Roy Hodgson... I think he's a decent bloke and manager. Is that allowed? 😬...ducks behind sofa...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here