Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teams for Chelsea and Villa

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
v Chelsea: Verbruggen - Lamptey, Van Hecke, Igor, Samuels - Baleba, Lallana - Fati, Buonanotte, Adingra - Welbeck.

v Villa: Steele - Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Pervis - Gilmour, Dahoud - Solly, Joao Pedro, Mitoma - Ferguson

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
No idea, but fully trust RDZ. I am going to the Chelsea game so would like us to at least have a good go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like Cucurella will play for Chelsea tomorrow. Jackson is eligible to play, but Gusto is suspended.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looks like Cucurella will play for Chelsea tomorrow. Jackson is eligible to play, but Gusto is suspended.
I guess Chelsea and their manager won't have the luxury of playing a really weakened side. With no Euro football and this league season already petering out, they are going to need a trophy. Incredibly their manager is under pressure already

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The starting point is to pick a team to play Villa ....

-------------Steele
Veltman Webster Dunk Estupinan
-------Gilmour --Dahoud
---March ---Pedro -----Mitoma
-----------Welbeck

Then out of these players, think about who's played a lot of minutes, who's gone to the internationals, who's been returning from injury and who is irreplaceable and take them out of the side to play Chelsea. I'm removing Estupinan, Gilmour, March, Mitoma and rotating Welbeck

So my team to play Chelsea is ......

--------Verbruggen
Veltman Webster Dunk Lamptey
-----Beleba-- Dahoud
----Adingra Lallana Pedro
---------Ferguson

All the time I've got my subs lined up for the hour mark

Igor for Dunk
Fati for Ferguson
Then later Buonanotte for Pedro

I want my back 4 as intact as possible. But mainly I want a team out there capable of winning this match. We want this trophy.
Against Villa I'd go for JPVH over Webster, and in midfield, if Gross is unavailable I'd put in Milner rather than Dahoud. With Watkins and McGinn in the Villa team there will be a large chunk of physicality and shithousery both up front and in midfield - JPVH and Milner would ne my choice to counter that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Against Villa I'd go for JPVH over Webster, and in midfield, if Gross is unavailable I'd put in Milner rather than Dahoud. With Watkins and McGinn in the Villa team there will be a large chunk of physicality and shithousery both up front and in midfield - JPVH and Milner would ne my choice to counter that.
Apparently Milner out few the next few weeks too

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
With no James or Gusto, who's likely to play right back for Chelsea? Ian Maatsen or one of their centre backs, perhaps?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
With no James or Gusto, who's likely to play right back for Chelsea? Ian Maatsen or one of their centre backs, perhaps?
It's likely to be Axel Disasi I would have thought and the prospect of us having Mitoma/Adingra/Fati running at him is very exciting. It's a game to start Joao Pedro I think, the chances of him clumsily kicking one of our boys up in the air is high - we should be expecting a penalty kick.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
As an aside:
An argument for Chelsea that even our resident football economist would find hard to argue against

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I reckon most of you are wrong about tomorrow night. Realistically this and the FA cup are our only 2 chances of silverware. RDZ is a winner, he definitely wants a trophy with us. I think we will only rotate 3 / 4 away from being full strength.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Plenty of quality within the squad. I'd be surprised to see any U21's starting, maybe a few on the bench to be given match day experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here