Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team News for Leeds

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
hopefully we now dont have a guaranteed keeper, we have healthy pressure between two very competent players which will drive on both of their performances in their efforts to retain the shirt while they have it.

Or in other words, don't drop a floaty cross onto some undeserving palace muppet's bonce and throwe away points...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
hopefully we now dont have a guaranteed keeper, we have healthy pressure between two very competent players which will drive on both of their performances in their efforts to retain the shirt while they have it.

Or in other words, don't drop a floaty cross onto some undeserving palace muppet's bonce and throwe away points...
Disagree strongly. A football team needs a first choice goalkeeper. Can't just swap after every mistake - puts both in a shite position and means they're treated a lot different from outfield players who will make mistakes and still be in the team. There's reasons why successful sides don't rotate goalkeepers. Manager and goalie needs to trust each other, or you'll soon find a team with two keepers without confidence.

Not saying putting Rob Sanchez on the bench is wrong - its a brave decision which may or may not be the right one, and Jason is good. But with the decision being made I hope Jason gets to keep the gloves for the rest of the season and then we'll see, though I strongly suspect that none of them will be the bloke starting the next season in goal.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Disagree strongly. A football team needs a first choice goalkeeper. Can't just swap after every mistake - puts both in a shite position and means they're treated a lot different from outfield players who will make mistakes and still be in the team. There's reasons why successful sides don't rotate goalkeepers. Manager and goalie needs to trust each other, or you'll soon find a team with two keepers without confidence.

Not saying putting Rob Sanchez on the bench is wrong - its a brave decision which may or may not be the right one, and Jason is good. But with the decision being made I hope Jason gets to keep the gloves for the rest of the season and then we'll see, though I strongly suspect that none of them will be the bloke starting the next season in goal.
Head the on nail.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I have a feeling Carl Rushworth is in line to take over in goal next season.

Like Sanchez he has spent time on loan in Leagues one and two. But unlike Sanchez he was the best keeper in League two last season, and is currently the best in League one.

Scouted by Barcelona and a regular in the England U21 setup. If his footwork is up to scratch, then he's a good bet to be next season's no.1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here