Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Preston

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Chance to get the last sixteen, hope we go for it.

Bissouma's first match suspended so he won't be playing and doubt Propper will be risked as he'll probably take Bissoumas spot in the prem 11.

Maybe Stephens last game for us or will he be gone by then or not risked?

Tough one to predict.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hopefully Molumby gets his chance in the middle opposed to being stuck at right back.

Would be keen to see Veltman played as a right back and Roberts brought in to play Centre Back.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
4-2-2-2

GK: Steele

RB: Veltman
CB: Roberts
CB: Burn
LB: Bernardo

CM: Molumby
CM: Lallana or Stephens

LAM: MacAllister
RAM: Gross

ST: Gyokeres
ST: Jahanbaksh

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Hopefully Molumby gets his chance in the middle opposed to being stuck at right back.

Would be keen to see Veltman played as a right back and Roberts brought in to play Centre Back.

Me too although Molumby was very good at right wing back against Pompey. Preston better side so need him in his best position

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I can't be bothered to do fancy formations but my guess is:

Steele; Veltman, Burn, Roberts, Bernardo; Molumby, Lallana, Gross; McA, Ali J, Gyokeres.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
YapI-Veltman-Burn-Bernardo
Propper-Molumby
Jahanbakhsh-Groß-MacAllister
Gyokeres

Something similar to that I’d have thought.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
---------------------Steele---------------------
----------Veltman--Burn--Roberts---------
Yapi-----------Molumby----------Bernardo
---------MacAllister------Gross--------------
-------Jahanbakhsh----Gyokeres---------

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
----------------------------Steele----------------------------
----Veltman---Roberts----Burn----Bernardo---
-----------------Molumby------Pröpper----------------
------------Groß--------Lallana------Ali Mac------
------------------------------Ali J-----------------------------

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
---------------------Steele---------------------
----------Veltman--Burn--Roberts---------
Yapi-----------Molumby----------Bernardo
---------MacAllister------Gross--------------
-------Jahanbakhsh----Gyokeres---------

I really like the look of this & would suggest Molumby only gets 45 mins so he can get some significant game time against Man U.

Perhaps 45 mins each for him & Propper so both have a good run out, but both are fresh enough to be considered for a starting spot on Saturday.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Don't think Lallana will be risked, think it'll be Molumby and Propper in the middle, with Sanders coming on for whoever is going to play against Man Utd

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I really like the look of this & would suggest Molumby only gets 45 mins so he can get some significant game time against Man U.

Perhaps 45 mins each for him & Propper so both have a good run out, but both are fresh enough to be considered for a starting spot on Saturday.

I would LOVE to see Molumby get in the first team this season. I was so impressed with him vs Pompey

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
-----------------Steele;-------------------

Veltman, Roberts, Burn, Bernardo;

---------Molumby, Propper;-----------

-------Ali J, Gross, Mac Allister;-----

----------------Gyokeres----------------

Like this, just wonder if he'd risk Propper with Biss out

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their fans are expecting a below full strength line-up given they’ve got 3 games in a week with Stoke in the league on Saturday.
I would think they’ll have (attacking) strength on the bench though.
https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/team-for-brighton.3431548/page-3

Matching them in midfield will be key in my view. Can’t see Lallana playing tbh or Stephens (and Propper will surely start against Man U if fit) so maybe something like.....

Steele
Veltman Roberts Burn Bernardo
Sanders Gross Molumby
MacAllister
Gyokeres Jahanbaksh

Bench of Sanchez Cochrane Yepi Cashman Dendonker Gwargis Jenks

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
All look good but I’d think it’ll be sanders and molumby in cm probably jenks on the bench

Preston better side than Portsmouth though, think starting two youngsters against a decent championship side could be risky. I would definitely put an experienced pro in the mix. Guessing they'll be focusing on the league as well considering they started with a draw and a loss although they could have won both unlucky against Norwich especially, wonder if they'll go full stregnth with a tough game against Stoke after us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really hope we field a similar team with the same attitude, really fancy a cup run, and something we should be looking to take seriously. I would not fear United in the next round if we get through as their fixtures in all cups will probably dictate they field a weakened side, and who knows the draw could open up and be kind...

A nice final at Wembley when restrictions are lifted would be epic

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Preston better side than Portsmouth though, think starting two youngsters against a decent championship side could be risky. I would definitely put an experienced pro in the mix. Guessing they'll be focusing on the league as well considering they started with a draw and a loss although they could have won both unlucky against Norwich especially, wonder if they'll go full stregnth with a tough game against Stoke after us.

If stephens is off I can’t see him playing and propper will be needed for United I can’t see anything else other than molumby and sanders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here