Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Norwich?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I suppose GP will have his press conference today or tomorrow and we might get a few clues but I wouldnt read too much into it. Important game and he might not want to reveal too much about player availability.

From what we can guess the following could be in doubt: Sanchez went home with Covid, Lamptey also went home ill, Webster may or may not still be out, God knows about Lallana, Mac Allister appears to be injured, and then we have Bissouma who will have few days between coming home from a long journey and intense game in Africa and obviously it is difficult to know if anyone else is injured/sick.

If all these are out, GP wont have a lot of options with his nowadays rather small squad.

Perhaps something like this:

Steele

Veltman, Duffy, Dunk, Cucurella

Alzate, Gross, Moder

Trossard

Welbeck, Maupay

Bench: McGill, Roberts, Mwepu, March, Caicedo, Ferguson, Leonard... Your Mum

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
McGill
Veltman Dunk Roberts Cucurella
Moder Alzate Gross
Trossard Maupay Welbeck

Think to the future with our goalkeeper choice, also blood young Haydon Roberts at CB. Bissouma and Mac have had to travel too much to be reasonably able to play at the required level. Trust Alzate and he'll perform. Moder and Trossard pick themselves and Maupay and Welbeck should be well rested and ready to terrorise a dreadful defence.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I am not having travelling as an excuse... Do you think the teams that are going for the title would rest players due to travelling?... We need to toughen up!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am not having travelling as an excuse... Do you think the teams that are going for the title would rest players due to travelling?... We need to toughen up!

Ehm yes... if they are tired. I wouldnt be shocked to see Salah start on the bench for Liverpool against Watford on Saturday.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Ehm yes... if they are tired. I wouldnt be shocked to see Salah start on the bench for Liverpool against Watford on Saturday.

Against Watford... What if it was against a top 6 team?

We need to win this game.. We need to go with our strongest team. They will be flying first class etc, don't give me the tired rubbish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not surprised after this. How is that not a red card :eek:

[TWEET]1508972911624916994[/TWEET]

Why are Scotchland playing in a light blue and white striped kit?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

We need to win this game.. We need to go with our strongest team. They will be flying first class etc, don't give me the tired rubbish.

First of all: no idea if he or anyone else is tired.

Second: if you have players suffering from fatigue they are rarely stronger than a player who is fully fit and ready, so "the strongest team" could involve putting tired players on the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calm down calm down…..hasn’t happened yet :facepalm:

But it will and this place is gonna be well lush. :lolol:

We could be on for a world record of :flounce::flounce::flounce:'s

I'm doing wee-wee's in my pants just at the thought of it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

A reasonable night’s kip in a fully flat bed, followed by a pre-planned recovery day…..no reason why they shouldn’t be ready

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Mwepu should start.

This. As should Moder.
We need inventive players that are not totally predictable. Mwepu can see a pass and can shoot, mostly straight. Moder regularly makes runs past the strikers.

I’d also start Trossard (just behind Welbeck) instead of Maupay, I can’t fault Neal’s work rate but I’m fed up with his 2nd touch being a header or a tackle, he’s got the worst first touch I think I’ve ever seen in a no 9 for us when we’ve been in the top division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here