Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Taxis from Brighton station

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hello,
Is it easy to get a taxi at Brighton station?
I understand the taxis have been at the rear of the station for some time now.
We would want to be going up to Hythe Rd in the Preston Park area.
Many thanks.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For taxis at Brighton station head through the barriers, immediately turn sharp left and left again so as walking with the track to your left, you will come to the large Hackney Carriage rank, don’t walk out of the station towards Queens Road even though the red line suggests you should 🤦‍♂️ my bad
IMG_0631.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure where you are coming from but Hythe Road is a lot closer to Preston Park Station so get a taxi from there
It's about six and half a dozen unless you can sync your arrival with a taxi booked to arrive at Preston Park. I'd recommend picking one up at Brighton station

EDIT: Littlehampton trains bypass Brighton station, go direct from Hove to Preston Park. But as I've just seen you're coming from Chi, that would also involve a change of train. Nah, taxi from Brighton station is the way to go. Either that or 26 bus from London Road to Fiveways if you're not fully laden wuth luggage

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For taxis at Brighton station head through the barriers, immediately turn sharp left and left again so as walking with the track to your left, you will come to the large Hackney Carriage rank, don’t walk out of the station towards Queens Road even though the red line suggests you should 🤦‍♂️ my badView attachment 162319
Just follow the supposedly-helpful footprints printed on the station floor to get to the taxi rank. Most people miss them

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Hello,
Is it easy to get a taxi at Brighton station?
I understand the taxis have been at the rear of the station for some time now.
We would want to be going up to Hythe Rd in the Preston Park area.
Many thanks.
It was much quicker to get away for the taxi driver when they were located at the front of the station which is as you would expect . Now it’s been moved oddly to the side of the station , the taxi has to drive much further to get out adding on at least another £ to the journey .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was much quicker to get away for the taxi driver when they were located at the front of the station which is as you would expect . Now it’s been moved oddly to the side of the station , the taxi has to drive much further to get out adding on at least another £ to the journey .
:shrug: it depends where you’re going. For example if you’re going to the AMEX it’s cheaper going from out the back than the front.

I personally prefer the taxis out the back.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It was much quicker to get away for the taxi driver when they were located at the front of the station which is as you would expect . Now it’s been moved oddly to the fr side of the station , the taxi has to drive much further to get out adding on at least another £ to the journey .
For some maybe. But plenty including the OP are heading out east. Going to fiveways much easier from the back of the station

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
:shrug: it depends where you’re going. For example if you’re going to the AMEX it’s cheaper going from out the back than the front.

I personally prefer the taxis out the back.
The only journey inconvenienced by the Rank location is ultimately straight down Queen’s Road to West Street that’s literally it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only journey inconvenienced by the Rank location is ultimately straight down Queen’s Road to West Street that’s literally it!
Quite.

And unless you have mobility issues you can walk this.

I also think the front of the station looks a lot better as well.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Waze suggests 7 minutes from the Jury’s Inn Hotel ( taxi rank rear of station ) to Grand Hotel

6 minutes from Grand Central Pub ( front of station).

Hardly a big inconvenience as one or two are suggesting

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

There I was getting off the tube today, when I found this lost soul parked next to me.
Must've been an expensive cab ride from Brighton.
20231204_135219.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here