Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Tate Residence aka Sussex CCC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Back to 17:15, BBC1 weekdays

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd need a lottery win to be able to afford one.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
What’s the betting that the money made on these doesn’t make it into the coffers for the ground improvements? This was said to be the reason for the development but the cynic in me says that the monies get swallowed up in the general running of the club and the ground stays exactly as it is.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A friend almost brought one off plan but there are a lot of caveats and restrictions surrounding what you can and can’t do with the property, restrictions on buying to let etc. Plus you’d be living above a pub. Which has pros and cons. So he pulled out. Shame. Although I have another friend who’s balcony directly overlooks the ground.

However, I prefer being down amongst it. Pay an extra fiver and get a pavilion seat. Bar and toilets just behind you, cricket in front of you and mates beside you. Throw in a blozza and a burger and all my needs are met :lolol::cheers:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There's a 2 bedroomed flat on the marina here on the market for 1.75 million euros. No cricket to watch, just boats and waves (it has its own rooftop pool though)..

Wow. Just had a friend and his Mrs move to Portugal as they said the cost of living, quality of life etc.. Is better out there. On some scheme for pension aged people. Said it was easy and quick to get residency.

Only moved out at Xmas so early doors yet. Sounds great to get away from the cold and wet tho.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wow. Just had a friend and his Mrs move to Portugal as they said the cost of living, quality of life etc.. Is better out there. On some scheme for pension aged people. Said it was easy and quick to get residency.

Only moved out at Xmas so early doors yet. Sounds great to get away from the cold and wet tho.

Any problems with residency post Brexit and all that?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

It's not too difficult to get residency (D7 visa) as long as you have an income of around 1,500 per month. Cost of living is generally lower than the UK but cars are very expensive to buy and insure. Housing is cheap away from the Algarve, Lisbon and Porto.. They are probably on the NHR tax scheme, 10% income tax for 10 years and no tax on share dividends.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Any problems with residency post Brexit and all that?

You have to apply for residency via VFS Global and the Portuguese Embassy in the UK now. You need proof of income, health insurance and a 12 month rental contract or property purchase. You can't just move here and then apply at the local town hall as you could pre-brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here