Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How good is this kid? Bloodyhell, he’s looked the best player on the park!

Searching twitter for the word Lamptey has been one of the bright spots of this evening. A mixture of Chelsea fans in disbelief that they sold him at all and people who'd never heard of Tariq Lamptey before tonight, in awe at how he was destroying Alonso time after time.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Managed to get Brazilian Fox sports and all the commentators are talking about is Lamptey.
They seem to think he’s destined for greatness!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Man of the match for me. Doesn't always have to go to the winners.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
My concern is that Lamptey will get to point when clearly he is one of the, if not the best player in the club, and might feel along with his agent that his further development as a player will be better achieved at another club playing with better players?

That might be sooner than we think.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My concern is that Lamptey will get to point when clearly he is one of the, if not the best player in the club, and might feel along with his agent that his further development as a player will be better achieved at another club playing with better players?

that's why we get young players though isn't it ?.... well I think so.... improve them and in the end sell them for a hefty profit. And hopefully benefit from having them for a few years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I get your point, but the only way to not have this 'concern' is to make sure we get players that aren't as good. That doesn't seem to be a very good way of looking at it. We'd surely rather have a team full of 'concerns' than not?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've never known an Albion side which hasn't had bigger clubs sniffing around our best players.

Except rather than a mere £1.5m for a club legend like Bobby Z, we can now demand 30, 40 even potentially 50 million for our best players.

I find that kind of reassurring rather than concerning.

Yes, I'd imagine the ideal scenario that [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] is referring to, is being really great, but doing just a little more quietly, not on MNF having an absolute standout game like a big flashing advertising hoarding hovering over you.

It makes me think of Han Solo telling Chewie in Return of the Jedi; "keep your distance Chewie, but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance.....[chewie growls]...I don't know, fly casual"

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Most viewed player in the world on https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk in the last 24 hours !

Fortunately there is a glut of right backs in the premier league so should be okay for this window. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony is seriously tested with a £30m plus bid in January though... Hope there is no buyout clause.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Exactly.. we WANT to have players that are coveted by bigger clubs.

It means a) our recruitment is doing things right b) we’re building a good team and c) we have a good business model that will in turn attract other good prospects to join.

It’s certainly preferable to the alternative, having players that nobody wants...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brilliant performance

English right backs -

Alexander Arnold
Trippier
Wan Bissaka
Walker
Walker Peters
James
Cash