Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tammy Abraham could he be the answer?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Christ, just imagine the amount of goals he'd score with all the chances we create!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A snippet from The Athletic:

West Ham to push for Abraham loan
West Ham will still make a bid to sign striker Tammy Abraham this summer even though Chelsea value him at £40 million, writes Simon Johnson.
Last week, manager David Moyes insisted West Ham were out of the running for the forward due to the asking price.
However, sources have told The Athletic that West Ham will still make an attempt to bring in the 23-year-old on loan. West Ham are hoping no club will be prepared to pay the figure Chelsea are demanding. He has been discussed as a possible target at Aston Villa, Leicester City and Newcastle, but that sum is thought to be out of reach for all of them too.

https://theathletic.com/2576161/2021/05/10/ornstein-bamford-secretly-extends-deal-pfa-awards-confusion-wycome-could-sue-abraham-guehi-futures/ (subscription required)

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Break the bank imho..................make a real statement to make up for the crap signings we've made in that position !

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bissouma goes for 40million, Abraham signs for 40 million.
Too simple... incoming player wages would be double the outgoing player. IMHO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bissouma goes for 40million, Abraham signs for 40 million.
Too simple... incoming player wages would be double the outgoing player. IMHO

Just need to stump over 130k a week to go with it. And deal with him earning double our nearest highest earner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just need to stump over 130k a week to go with it. And deal with him earning double our nearest highest earner

Plus that million quid for his relatives, like he wanted for coming on loan?

I still rather go for Giroud (out if contract, so available on a free - and yes, I know 'free' in this context is something of a misnomer!)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The fact is if we’re serious about moving to the next level this is the sort of signing we need to be looking at making. Else we’ll continue to bump along in the bottom 6 until our number comes up.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Plus that million quid for his relatives, like he wanted for coming on loan?

I still rather go for Giroud (out if contract, so available on a free - and yes, I know 'free' in this context is something of a misnomer!)

Only a 15th hand impression thru the media, but TA does seem a bit mercenary.

Giroud would be great but you'd expect him to go to China, the USA or Palarse for massive wages to see our his career.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Giroud would be great but you'd expect him to go to China, the USA or Palarse for massive wages to see our his career.

He’s only 23, with 1 in 3 PL record ! Hardly a mercenary

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah he ain’t coming.

This deal is going to have a lot of bidders, even if we were to spend the transfer fee, breaking our wage budget is not our style of deal.

I would love to be proved wrong however and see the club find a way. If would surely be one of our most significant Premier League signings.

I wonder if a Bissouma - Abraham swap deal is at all possible?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This typifies why Biss and White will probably stay we will ask for a fee of a similar amount which post covid no one can afford.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Re: Giroud - what you say could be right. On the other hand, there are two variants of top class footballer. For some it is all about money (possibly, 15th. hand impressions and all that, the TA model?) - it's the one thing that's most important. If they're on £100K a week, they're affronted that they're not getting £130K a week.

Others - though still wanting good money - are also in love with playing football. Giroud has had five and a half years at Arsenal, and three and a half at Chelsea (reportedly on £5M+ a year) and he might want to play a year or two more football at a good level before he retires. He won't do it for peanuts, of course - it would have to be a deal like presumably Welbeck got (a big golden 'hello') - and a wage that would make yours and my eyes water, but with tens of millions earnings already trousered, money may not be his only goal.

£40M for TA, plus £130K a week (with other players then wanting a pay rise). Or, say, offer Giroud £25M - £10M up front, £50K a week for two years (within our wage structure) and a £5M golden handshake at the end?

All speculation and means absolutely nothing of course, but that's what we football fans do, innit? :wink:

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Yeah he ain’t coming.

This deal is going to have a lot of bidders, even if we were to spend the transfer fee, breaking our wage budget is not our style of deal.

I would love to be proved wrong however and see the club find a way. If would surely be one of our most significant Premier League signings.

I wonder if a Bissouma - Abraham swap deal is at all possible?

I feel like Chelsea are literally the only ESL club Biss wouldn’t massively improve. That Kante chap is pretty good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here