Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport NOW !!!!!!!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Amazing stuff, Ray Houghton(?) and the presenter having a right old barny on air about the Leciester situation...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
clapham_gull said:
Amazing stuff, Ray Houghton(?) and the presenter having a right old barny on air about the Leciester situation...

What's going on then?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Houghton being a right kn*b saying footballers have no resposibility to fans other than to turn up and play football.

He's from a different era..........

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
They have a bit of history - two weeks ago they were debating the offside law and nearly ended up brawling on the floor of the studio.

TalkSport have a policy of pairing literate ex-pros (Alan Brazil, Tony Cascarino and Ray Houghton) with pompous twats (Mike Parry, Patrick Kinghorn and Adrian Durham). They then go on air and manufacture arguments by deliberately being provocative towards each other.

It does make for good radio but it does irritate me that some of the presenters hoist themselves onto the moral highground and refuse to listen to the opinions and comments of ex-pros who have been there, seen it, done it.

As Clapham says, get on the radio because this debate is running on high. If you don't want to move away from NSC, go to talksport.net and click on listen.

:clap2: :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I listen to Talksport all the time and a lot of the heat is manufactured..

but this sounds very real...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its quite funny actually and maybe a little manufactured...

Must be paying Ray Houghton a lot to come over as such an idiot....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
clapham_gull said:
I listen to Talksport all the time and a lot of the heat is manufactured..

but this sounds very real...

Yeah deffo. I start getting really wound up by Mike Parry but then have to relax and realise that it's all show (he is a bit of a cock though).

Agree about tonight though. These two are definately on opposite sides of the fence.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
have to say though, that more often than not, Adrian Durham talks the biggest load of tosh in the history of the English language

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yep Adrian Durham talks a lot of nonsense but as all the Talksport presenters he's probably paid to.

I think (unlike Mike Parry's show) that the callers have talked the most sense I've heard in a long time.

There is a general feeling that seeing as players are now paid so much money (at all levels if you compare it yo the national average) and the fact that even at places like Stockport you pay £17 to watch a game - that players should not be getting pissed up.

They moan about it being a short career and needing to earn as much money in that time. Well if its such a short time, why not try and behave during that short time and stay off the beers.......

It isn't as if the "alledged" incident is the first time....

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
me,as a parent,i am with him on this one.
why should a geezer be a "role model"just cos he kicks a ball for a living?

as eminem says in his album how come he can be condemed for promoting violence in his music by parents who allow 5 year olds to watch 18 rated videos.

and who was it that pointed out when he was accused of causing some f***ed up yank kid to shoot a school chum that if three minuites of his song has more effect upon that kid than 18 years of parenting.who was to blame him or the parent.

me i want my footballer to excite my kids

i want to be the role model

i want to take responsibility for my kids behaviour

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
northstandnorth said:
me,as a parent,i am with him on this one.
why should a geezer be a "role model"just cos he kicks a ball for a living?

as eminem says in his album how come he can be condemed for promoting violence in his music by parents who allow 5 year olds to watch 18 rated videos.

and who was it that pointed out when he was accused of causing some f***ed up yank kid to shoot a school chum that if three minuites of his song has more effect upon that kid than 18 years of parenting.who was to blame him or the parent.

me i want my footballer to excite my kids

i want to be the role model

i want to take responsibility for my kids behaviour

Good point, you can't expect young lads to behave all the time. But the point Durham was making was that premiership footballers make such a huge amount of money outside of football and therefore sell and promote their lifestyle.

You would therefore hope that they keep their lifestyle relatively clean. I think footballers do have a responsibility. That maybe unfortunately is the way with modern football and it comes with the territory.

.. here we go again "Houghton - footballers are paid to play football.." Tell that to Beckham and Henry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here