Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Kent - match thread***

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I remember John Snow taking me for PE a few times but he wasn't my teacher. What years were you at Woodingdean. I was infants and juniors from 61-67. John Snow must have been at Woodingdean around 63-64.

You must have been in the same class as my sister AF - pretty sure she left in 67 to go to Westlain - she recalls being taught by John Snow too

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So you are 1 year older than me. Mr Haslam was my last year teacher as well. A few years back there was a presentation to Mr Haslam from some of his pupils he taught for reaching a certain milestone in years (can't remember how many). Found out through Friends reunited after the event (so that's going back a few years)

I started at Woodingdean in '64 and never [knowingly] met John Snow and left in '67 to move to Saltdean.
I remember Mr Haggard - lived in Little Crescent halfway between Rottingdean & Saltdean IIRC.
I remember the name Mr Haslam too but don't think he ever taught me.
My last teacher there was Mrs Navaski [sp?]

Weird how I can remember stuff from 55 years ago but not what I did last week ....

Sorry, back to the cricket - draw written all over it now - saved by yesterday's weather

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
232 ahead, 42 overs left to bowl (minus innings change) could quite easily do us if they have the bottle... :down:

...... it’s raining in Hove so taking early tea. Kent declared I think

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Masterclass in forward defence shot now. 23 overs left. Kent 262 ahead. Gonna be close!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I imagine the draw was agreed in principle before tea.
Captains were not allowed to shake hands on a draw until they did.
Not sure why, but that was mentioned on commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here