Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Glamorgan match thread ***

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Orr just gone, but lead now 175 with 5 wickets remaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some THRILLING cricket at the Rose Bowl, where Surrey have RACED to 17 after 28 overs.

Keith Barker has bowled 10 overs for ONE run! (10/9/1/2)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Top stuff from Ali Orr who has now joined Ibrahim by getting a 50 in each of his first two 1st class matches. He looks pure quality to me. Haines and Orr opening up for years to come by the looks of things unless one or both of them get to replace the Vicar or Kenny Burns.

Excellent start from both young players (and in other formats, from Archie Lenham, too).

Will be interesting to see how Ibrahim goes in this innings, when some reasonably quick scoring is required. To date he's been able to play within himself and accumulate slowly.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Will be interesting to see how Ibrahim goes in this innings, when some reasonably quick scoring is required. To date he's been able to play within himself and accumulate slowly.

Having seen him play a number of times over the years ( and only last month for the U18s), he can go big & quick whens he needs to - with ease. One of the biggest hitters in Junior cricket weve ever seen. It wont phase him at all if thats what he needs to do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having seen him play a number of times over the years ( and only last month for the U18s), he can go big & quick whens he needs to - with ease. One of the biggest hitters in Junior cricket weve ever seen. It wont phase him at all if thats what he needs to do.

Excellent. He looks a big strong lad, to be fair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ben Brown completes an excellent 100 with a big six, and immediately declares, leaving Glamorgan 51 overs to survive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd like to have seen Brown set a target that Glamorgan would go for, but I imagine that with his depleted attack. he'd have little chance of bowling them out

Still, this has been a decent effort from a virtual Second XI and with, once again, no big contribution from our overseas players

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hampshire's Keith Barker, has now bowled sixteen overs at Hashim Amla, conceding TWO runs. (16/14/2/2 :eek:)

I've played 6-a-side football against Keith Barker (along with Vince, Allsop, Crane and Dawson). They entered our local league in the winter. Vince is a really excellent footballer - a lot better than Barker surprisingly, given that the latter was a proffessional footballer at Blackburn, and played for England to U19 level).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
A long shot I know but if anyone has a spare for Friday night, please let me know. Sold out event.

Got back from working away for the last year on Friday and out of quarantine tomorrow provided my day 5 test is also negative. Thanks.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just a pity Brown waited until he got a hundred before he declared. We are bottom of table so had nothing to lose by giving them a chance

Jul 7, 2003
Proper old school batting from Hashim Amla for Surrey v Hampshire - batted out the day to secure a draw scoring 37no off 278 balls. A great feat of concentration.

The Hampshire captain is quoted on the BBC as saying "I said to Hash that he is not obviously going for a Hundred Ball contract!"

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not for the first time this season no play for most of a dry (and windy) day because of wet outfield. Mate mentioned its the SW corner, i.e. nearest to this large new 37 flat/offices/pub development on the former Cricketers' site.

Any connection to those works do we think as don't recall many wet outfield problems in years gone by?

I think it’s related to the leatherjackets (bug) infestation that prevented use of the ground at the start of this season. It also happens to be where the slope ends up, so extra water / moisture must trickle down to that area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here