[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Well. unlike many on here, I for one would be for him returning.
Obviously he fitted the profile required last time round. I don't consider what happened at Chelsea reflected too much on him (getting sacked, I mean) and, let's face it, all managers are mercenary opportunists at the end of the day. Unless we appoint someone who is a fan, the same thing would happen with anyone chosen.
How long do you think McKenna would stay here if he started well and the next failing big six club came calling ? What he might be doing to Ipswich isn't much different to the way it went with Potter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sorry
🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷

Don’t read other peoples ####
IMG_0137.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You make a great point, particularly with Emery. I do however think you’re overlooking one very possible scenario - the England job. If he came back and did well then he remains very much the right type for the FA and would definitely be a leading candidate
For interest, I post this. It is the story of the final two years of the managerial career of a man (YYYY) who had only three years in club management. I have disguised the name of the club. Have a read.... and see if you can guess what happened seven years later, after a spell looking after an under 21 side:

Due to results elsewhere, XXX's status as a Premier League club went down to the final day: they needed relegation rivals Newcastle United and Hull City to lose, with them needing a five-goal swing to the latter in goal difference. XXXX faced West Ham United away from home; the game ended in a 2–1 defeat, confirming XXXX's relegation to the Championship after eleven consecutive seasons in the top-flight, as a 19th-place finish was confirmed. Following their relegation, YYYY expressed his determination to achieve instant promotion back up to the Premier League, praising the supporters and showing his sorrow for them in the process.

XXXX's Championship campaign started strongly, putting them in contention for an immediate return to the Premier League. However, on 20 October 2009, shortly after a 2–0 victory over Derby County and with the club in fourth place, YYYY was dismissed as manager. His dismissal was controversial as he had taken XXXX to within one point of the top position, though chairman ZZZZ stated that he had made the decision weeks previously in the best interests of the club. He was replaced by Gordon Strachan, who was unable to take the club back to the Premier League. XXXX would have to wait until 2016 to achieve promotion to the Premier League, under the management of QQQQ.

If you don't know who this is and what happened next scroll down...

After 7 years in charge of the under 21 side, Gareth Southgate was appointed England manager

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If you don't know who this is and what happened next scroll down...

Gareth Southgate was appointed England manager

It took 7 years and a 3 year spell as the U21 manager first (and winning the Toulon Tournament) . It wasn't like he was sacked at Middlesborough and walked straight into the England job.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Considerably less expensive than emplying and accomodating De Zerbis entourage so right up PBs street.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think I'd genuinely boo him at the amex, all match, every week.

Potter can go f*** himself.
The club binning off a genuinely popular manager (in personal terms) and replacing him with someone you could best describe as Marmite would be one hell of a risk when it comes to club / fan relations

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can’t wait to be lectured by him on how we should learn our own history and he knows better than us about it
Since he's been away we've added a couple of new pages to our history, 6th place and Europa League group winners. He might need a quick catch up.

Reactions: A1X

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think I'd genuinely boo him at the amex, all match, every week.

Potter can go f*** himself.
So it's more important to boo the manager than support the team? Weird approach, that.

In all honesty, and I've said this before, I'm very much in the "never go back" camp. Firmly so. That said, if Potter comes back he will 100% have my backing because I want Brighton to do well and creating a hostile environment against the manager is absolute insanity (in my opinion, of course).

I don't want him back, I don't think it's the right move and I don't think the club are seriously considering it either but if it happens, it happens.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We’re all fickle especially football fans. Murray goes to palace and we welcome him back like a hero, potter leaves for a club with the potential to win the lot and he’s vilified. We’re all a bit strange.
The difference being Murray was out of contract and didn’t take half a dozen others with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports