Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Supporter Transport from HENFIELD

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Having recently moved to Henfield, what are options 're transport to the Amex next season.
Assume I can get fixed up through Seagulls Travel but thought their might be someone on here who knows of a local mini bus option I could join.
Thanks for any suggestions.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Henfield you say? BedfordSB-181ECV.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm pretty sure they are still using horse and cart in Henfield based on my last visit there

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Henfield is a lovely village , but if you don’t drive or haven’t got a car , transport links are I suspect quite limited . I love the idea of living in a village but not sure I could deal with the practicality of it . I think Brighton & Hove is quite a small environment to live in but I enjoy it because like New York it has a big cafe culture & a buzz that other areas of Sussex I’ve been to just don’t seem to have .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Henfield is a lovely village , but if you don’t drive or haven’t got a car , transport links are I suspect quite limited . I love the idea of living in a village but not sure I could deal with the practicality of it . I think Brighton & Hove is quite a small environment to live in but I enjoy it because like New York it has a big cafe culture & a buzz that other areas of Sussex I’ve been to just don’t seem to have .

Hey Henfield isn't all that remote you know, one hourly bus service in each direction between Brighton and Horsham, and another that runs to Pulborough and Burgess Hill, although yeah, if it's a cafe culture you are looking for, or a plethora of restaurants, you are likely to be disappointed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Catch the train.

Oh...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Any ideas how much a coach season ticket was last season? No clues on the website that I could see.

No idea - I don't use them, but know of others that do - I'm sure there's a point of contact on their website - I know Andy S is not involved any more - think a guy called Mike is who you need to communicate with

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blame Beeching for closing the railway line. The buses were every 30 minutes in those days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well the 17 bus from Brighton to Horsham, and vice versa was every 30 minutes right up until last year when the Pandemic hit.

Many memories of that bus. used to go up to the NCH fete in September each year at Mannings Heath. I came from that home.

I think it was the 107 or the 117 then ?

Guessing the nearest station in the 60s was Partridge Green. I do wonder if the strange tour the number 17 does round there is due to some ancient agreement that may still exist in some quarters. Hardly anyone seems to get off or on.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Taxi to Shoreham, train to Brighton then bus or train to Amex. Or if a friendly neighbour gives you a lift even free of charge.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Many memories of that bus. used to go up to the NCH fete in September each year at Mannings Heath. I came from that home.

I think it was the 107 or the 117 then ?

Guessing the nearest station in the 60s was Partridge Green. I do wonder if the strange tour the number 17 does round there is due to some ancient agreement that may still exist in some quarters. Hardly anyone seems to get off or on.

Yes it bore the number 107 when l first moved to the village in 1989, then reverted back to the 17, (the number it origianlly had), some 15 or 20 years ago.

The population of Partridge Green is a bit larger than Cowfold now, so l suppose if the 17 ceased to do the "PG Loop" as we call it, then the village would be devoid of all public transport!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here