Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City Chiefs v Philadelphia Eagles **Official Match Thread**

Jul 7, 2003
Started with the ITV coverage, thankfully I heard the words “our commentator Darren Fletcher” and quickly changed my recording to Sky to get the proper US commentary.

Thought the guy who sang the national anthem was very good, had never heard of him before.

Great game but shame it ended so tamely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great game with some fantastic plays. It's a shame it had to end with a team deliberately not getting a touchdown, so they could run down the clock.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at all. Clever game management.

Means justifies the end result for me…..
I didn't say it wasn't clever game management and I didn't say they shouldn't have done it. I said it's a shame it had to end that way.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Great game with some fantastic plays. It's a shame it had to end with a team deliberately not getting a touchdown, so they could run down the clock.
You have to play the odds, like Tony Bloom would per se. Do you take the points and give the Eagles the opportunity to come back and win (very capable), or run down the clock and rely on your (very good) place kicker? The answer is in the result.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Were you supporting the Chiefs?
No, don’t support either side.

I like the game, but winning on a last minute field goal, the player not stepping out of bounds following a series of plays and the longest punt return in Super Bowl history, for me is just as impressive as throwing/running the ball in for a touchdown.

And they could’ve missed the field goal, ask Scott Norwood (Buffalo).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You have to play the odds, like Tony Bloom would per se. Do you take the points and give the Eagles the opportunity to come back and win (very capable), or run down the clock and rely on your (very good) place kicker? The answer is in the result.
Indeed. It's a little bit like a soccer match where you're 2-1 up heading towards full time. No one expects you to go hell for leather to try and get a third, you want to close the game down and not give your opponent a chance. Easy to spot the difference between the regular NFL watchers on this thread and the 'Day Trippers'! :)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Browns in the Superbowl next year. (Well, I can dream).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Indeed. It's a little bit like a soccer match where you're 2-1 up heading towards full time. No one expects you to go hell for leather to try and get a third, you want to close the game down and not give your opponent a chance. Easy to spot the difference between the regular NFL watchers on this thread and the 'Day Trippers'! :)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Browns in the Superbowl next year. (Well, I can dream).

Or like the time wasting that Muff started the game with from the first min.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously it was the right thing for them to do to win the game, it's just doesn't look good in a sport when a team is deliberately going out of their way to not score.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. It's a little bit like a soccer match where you're 2-1 up heading towards full time. No one expects you to go hell for leather to try and get a third, you want to close the game down and not give your opponent a chance.
But in football if you were 2-1 up with 2 minutes to go and you rounded the keeper and could walk the ball into the net, do you think a player would turn away and head for the corner flag? No, of course not.

Yes, I'm a day tripper.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But in football if you were 2-1 up with 2 minutes to go and you rounded the keeper and could walk the ball into the net, do you think a player would turn away and head for the corner flag? No, of course not.

Yes, I'm a day tripper.
No of course not. You'd do what you needed to do to win the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Saw a bit of their victory parade. All they kept saying we're the World Champions. FFS they are such a deluded race of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here