Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And here's the Latino-infused show complete with multiple costumes, a memorable knee slide and J Lo up a pole...

It was late and I was struggling a bit by then, but did my eyes deceive me - did Shakira have a quick crafty "strum" when she knee-slided towards the camera ??

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
[tweet]1219213243119476736[/tweet]

Because of course a 21hr round-trip long haul flight to Miami and back is PERFECT recuperation for a back injury.

I'm astounded MUFC allowed this, when they've been scratching around at the arse-end of the transfer market to try to bring some (bang average) cover in for him.

Come on now, its the winter break, they don't play again until the 17th and everyone of their players has been given a week off after the Wolves game. I also don't expect Mr Rashford will be slumming it in an economy class seat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on now, its the winter break, they don't play again until the 17th and everyone of their players has been given a week off after the Wolves game. I also don't expect Mr Rashford will be slumming it in an economy class seat.

I'm sure he isn't - but I doubt long haul flights are part of back injury recuperation programs. Can't say I'd be overly impressed if our primary striker was jetting around to the other side of the planet whilst being crocked, business class or not.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm sure he isn't - but I doubt long haul flights are part of back injury recuperation programs. Can't say I'd be overly impressed if our primary striker was jetting around to the other side of the planet whilst being crocked, business class or not.

Footballers aren't prisoners, blimey. First class on those planes won't be any different to just being at home. The whole squad are off for warm weather training somewhere next week, thats going to be by plane too. The Brighton players are also off somewhere by plane, was originally going to be Dubai which is also long-distance, will you be annoyed if Burn, Duffy and Izquierdo join them?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Footballers aren't prisoners, blimey. First class on those planes won't be any different to just being at home. The whole squad are off for warm weather training somewhere next week, thats going to be by plane too. The Brighton players are also off somewhere by plane, was originally going to be Dubai which is also long-distance, will you be annoyed if Burn, Duffy and Izquierdo join them?

Depends on the nature of the injury. Of course they're not prisoners, but I'd question the wisdom of long-haul jollies for a player recuperating from a stress-fracture of his back. Particularly given United's dire options without him.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really enjoyable game last night, and really glad the Chiefs took home the big prize. Amazing turnaround in the last 7 mins!
I read earlier that teams taking a 10 pt lead in the Superbowl are now 29-3 all time....and Shanahan has been responsible for 2 of those defeats (last night and the infamous 28-3 collapse by Atlanta)
We had a booth at Walkabout as usual, and the six of us had a great time again, but it was MUCH quieter than previous years, which was a bit disappointing to see. Maybe all the Pats bandwagon fans were staying away this year...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here