Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Suez Canal

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
......if you think you’re having a bad day, it’s not as bad as the skipper who has managed to wedge his colossal boat in the canal. The radar showing the traffic jam is incredible :)

D7E7703D-B074-422E-A312-8B3AA1966E9C.jpeg

3BA81AE5-5E66-44CC-AFF9-4F6AF565EF19.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wait. There's an equivalent to Flightradar 24 for SHIPS?

The older I get, the nerdier I get.

*heads to the app store*

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

*heads to the app store*

Oh yes. But do not be too alarmed when ships disappear for a few days down the northwest coast of Africa. All in hand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

*heads to the app store*

Yep....you can track all the foreign factory ships off the coast of Cornwall catching all our BRITISH mackerel and get all angry from the comfort of your sofa :)

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I ship car parts from Japan and often see the waterways looking like that when tracking shipments. Looks like there will be some more delays coming up and some angry emails incoming. Typical shipping has gone from 60 days to 110 during these (year long) unprecedented times. Joy :)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The Suez canal is not the place to attempt a handbrake turn. The embarrassment.
What a place to mess up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1374640207476166659[/TWEET]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

*heads to the app store*

I discovered that a few years ago when a Russian aircraft carrier could be viewed off the Sussex coast heading to Syria, because I witnessed one-or-two people using it and not comprehending why it wasn't showing the exact coordinates of a Russian Naval flotilla heading to a war zone on their phone and being quite disappointed as a result. :facepalm:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Time to call in Ten Cents, Big Mac, OJ, Top Hat, Warrior, Hercules and Sunshine

Not sure how many on here will get that reference as I don't remember it ever going all that mainstream, but Tugs is right up there with my all time favourite TV shows of my childhood. This episode used to scare me shitless...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I discovered that a few years ago when a Russian aircraft carrier could be viewed off the Sussex coast heading to Syria, because I witnessed one-or-two people using it and not comprehending why it wasn't showing the exact coordinates of a Russian Naval flotilla heading to a war zone on their phone and being quite disappointed as a result. :facepalm:

I expect there is a thread somewhere about that. Warships turn off their tracking but, as ships keep a set distance apart through the English Channel, you knew were it was because of the gap. Also remember the black smoke from its funnel also gave its position away.
Also, all ships turn off tracking and web cameras when going through the Panama Canal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is a remarkable distraction from the nonsense stories of the world. How on earth did it happen, how on earth can they correct it and is the water even deep enough for it to sail away? Amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here