Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Stunning leadership

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
The recent comments by Trump about 'I want you all to wear facemasks, but I won't wear one myself' (yes I know that is not exactly what he said) is, to me, an astonishing failure of leadership, and a classic example of do as I say, not as I do.

However, he is by no means the only one to fail in terms of leadership.

What are your favourite examples? It can be from current or historical figures, political, military, business, sports, your own workplace, wherever.

Over to you... but try not to argue with everyone else's views - much better to post your own examples, than try to denigrate or oppose anyone else's views.
#bekind

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Peter Hitchins arguing that its a Gov over reaction based on beleiving the Govs actual figures of 20K.

There is a perfectly legitimate debate on the immediacy of CV19 deaths vs the long term economic impact and associated deaths of the actions being taken. Neither side has proven legitimacy

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
There is a perfectly legitimate debate on the immediacy of CV19 deaths vs the long term economic impact and associated deaths of the actions being taken. Neither side has proven legitimacy

There is a balancing act between as you say economy v wu flu on one hand and saying its an OTT reaction as the virus will have minimal impact on th other. Not quite the same argument

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There is a balancing act between as you say economy v wu flu on one hand and saying its an OTT reaction as the virus will have minimal impact on th other. Not quite the same argument

I don’t know the argument he is making but from your post people should be able to challenge the actions our govt are taking vs perceived death levels. It could get very circular though. Countries are taking different routes, Sweden, Australia, South Korea etc. If I’m missing the point just ignore me :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
GW Bush, "The war is over".

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Corbyn: Yes we would continue to pay for the nuclear deterrent, but I would never use it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
George W Bush said, “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gladstone (1868) “ my mission is to pacify Ireland”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here