Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strand Medical, Worthing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone here have Strand Medical as their GP surgery?

If so, have you been invited for your booster with them?

My mum (76) and aunt (68) haven't been and I can't believe they haven't reached their cohort yet. Their attempts to speak to someone have just been brushed away with "we'll contact you when it's your turn".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My mum (76) and aunt (68) haven't been and I can't believe they haven't reached their cohort yet. Their attempts to speak to someone have just been brushed away with "we'll contact you when it's your turn".

Edit, apologies, I was thinking of Strand Surgery in Goring

Last edited:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Yes, we are. Mrs W E had hers today, I've got mine next Saturday.
Apart from the 4 minute long message you get each time when you phone them, I can only praise how hard they have been working through all this.

Can't understand how your Mum and Aunt have been overlooked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure it IS their turn ! Take it out of the practice's hands a book the boosters elsewhere.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

Mrs DD (36) has been invited to have her booster there tomorrow morning

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure it IS their turn ! Take it out of the practice's hands a book the boosters elsewhere.

That’s what I’m trying now, but no appointments in the near future anywhere.

Might have to do the walk-in at Churchill Square.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It definitely looks like they've been missed somehow. You could try online, telephone, walk in, as we have had very different availability from each. We had booster booked, 3 weeks ahead, couldn't make the date and tried to change online, and nothing for 6 weeks. Mrs Wz phoned and got Racehill Brighton next day. (I suspect the same call next day may have got a different result). Not a criticism, just an observation of what can happen on a project of this scale.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the third booster messages come through the NHS not the surgery although they look like they come from the surgery from the messages

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It definitely looks like they've been missed somehow. You could try online, telephone, walk in, as we have had very different availability from each. We had booster booked, 3 weeks ahead, couldn't make the date and tried to change online, and nothing for 6 weeks. Mrs Wz phoned and got Racehill Brighton next day. (I suspect the same call next day may have got a different result). Not a criticism, just an observation of what can happen on a project of this scale.

Good luck :thumbsup:

There are varying, almost haphazard, routes.

The system worked brilliantly for jabs 1 and 2 last winter for our asthmatic daughter. They came to us. Fantastic.

When it came to the booster, she was completely forgotten about, falling between several disparate stools.

At our regular GP’s Warmdene, a typically Hitler-esque Gp’s receptionist didn’t know wtf I was on about. The insinuation that we’d duped the NHS system in getting a 16 year old vax’d. Despite them having her full asthma history.

The NHS ‘helpline’ and online system was equally crap, they had no record of her!

Persistence paid off, when someone gave me the direct telephone number of the B’ton Racecourse vax centre. Bingo, a helpful person found her vax record immediately and she was ‘boosted’ a couple of days later.

Bizarre that there are different entirely ring fenced databases still running.

Jul 7, 2003
I have recently been moved to Strand and didn't get any contact about my booster. There was nothing on the website (or the NHS ones) but I found out through others that if you call 03333 704111 you can book an appointment there. They were even doing walk-ins the other weekend.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
We’ve just had our booster last Sunday at Strand Medical (I’m 67). I was booked in using the NHS site at Chichester Northgate but felt increasingly miffed at having to travel so far so phoned my surgery at Shelley Road who said “No problem, we’ll book you in at Strand Medical.” Just had to wait one week so I would recommend you keep phoning. Seems to be pot luck who you speak to.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

One of the local Worthing FB groups had some discussions about getting booked in more local than Brighton, a few people posted this number through which you can book. 0333 370 4111. You will be in a queue but you get through pretty quickly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

The walk in isn’t a walk in any more and is solely doing booster appointments now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are varying, almost haphazard, routes.

The system worked brilliantly for jabs 1 and 2 last winter for our asthmatic daughter. They came to us. Fantastic.

When it came to the booster, she was completely forgotten about, falling between several disparate stools.

At our regular GP’s Warmdene, a typically Hitler-esque Gp’s receptionist didn’t know wtf I was on about. The insinuation that we’d duped the NHS system in getting a 16 year old vax’d. Despite them having her full asthma history.

The NHS ‘helpline’ and online system was equally crap, they had no record of her!

Persistence paid off, when someone gave me the direct telephone number of the B’ton Racecourse vax centre. Bingo, a helpful person found her vax record immediately and she was ‘boosted’ a couple of days later.

Bizarre that there are different entirely ring fenced databases still running.

It’s not bizarre - NHS IT is a complete pile of horseshit.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It’s not bizarre - NHS IT is a complete pile of horseshit.

I had some blood tests Monday morning last week and got some of the results back on the same day. Still waiting for others to come back from the lab, but this feels like a much better way of working and genuine progress. Personally I want to be able to track a lot of this information over time, to get a better view of the things I should be concerned about.
uhs.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here