Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH. Changing stands, taking my lad in future.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes work away, but keep my ST. Will get him on the waiting list & take him when I can get a ticket.

I doubt you'll miss many places on the waiting list if you wait to buy a membership for next season once the memberships 20/21 are available. Buy one now and you'll be renewing again in the summer. From my own experience of my daughter being on the waiting list (but we didn't take up the ticket in the end), the list can go right up to 3000 or so, maybe more. I think she was 2800 odd at the time and we got offered one, so it can move fairly quickly. As an example, the family stand is always on the move because once kids reach 18, they and their parent are turfed out!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There are too many no shows and particularly ghost seats where the club should invoke a Man Utd three strikes and you are out rule to free up seats for people on the waiting list

3 strikes and you're out. :shrug:
So if a ST holder is ill for one match and maybe can't make another 2 because the matches have been moved to evening games for a 8PM KO, they lose their ST?
Seems unfair if the ST holder has been to all the other matches but cannot make the ' moved for armchair fans ' TV games because they have work commitments.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
3 strikes and you're out. :shrug:
So if a ST holder is ill for one match and maybe can't make another 2 because the matches have been moved to evening games for a 8PM KO, they lose their ST?
Seems unfair if the ST holder has been to all the other matches but cannot make the ' moved for armchair fans ' TV games because they have work commitments.

Particularly if the season ticket holder lives three hours drive away and has been supporting the club for decades through thick and thin. Seems a bit much to lose the ST to some jonnie come lately who fancies watching premier league football but couldn’t be bothered with league 1 and league 2 at Gillingham and Withdean. Still, I am sure the club can rely on the future support of those on the waiting list after relegation.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My sons been a season ticket holder since he was 4, he's 16 now. The highlight in the early days for him was a coke and crisps in the pub pre match and nicking sugar cubes fromt he burger stand at Withdean but every time we scored even then he jumped around and cheered.

Now he's a very passionate 16 year old supporter. In the past 12 years he's missed less than 10 home games in total

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I had an operation in September and didn't make four games. I made sure my seat (and my other half's) were put on the ticket exchange, each time.
You have no idea of fan's circumstances or why they are no shows.

Indeed. Moreover if the STH prefers to leave the seat empty when he/she isn't using it, then that is entirely their right. They have paid for it after all.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interesting terms and conditions which I hadn't really bothered to look at before :

2.2 A Season Ticket permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Ticket or such other alternative seat of equivalent value as the Club may, from time to time, allocate to you at its reasonable discretion....

3.7 The Club reserves the right to cancel season ticket holders, in the event the season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting terms and conditions which I hadn't really bothered to look at before :

2.2 A Season Ticket permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Ticket or such other alternative seat of equivalent value as the Club may, from time to time, allocate to you at its reasonable discretion....

3.7 The Club reserves the right to cancel season ticket holders, in the event the season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.

Big news that

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Invoke rule 3.7, did you see how many empty seats there were on Saturday .... against Palace!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Big news that

Almost fallen victim to this one with my partners ticket but she has been really Ill for most of this season. Now working with the club to make it much easier for her to attend going forwards we've tried not to leave the seats empty by putting them on the exchange but now back attending with additional support

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Invoke rule 3.7, did you see how many empty seats there were on Saturday .... against Palace!

It very much is invoked. As stated though it's not always as clear cut as just not going. As a footnote I managed to get her to the palace game and hopefully that can continue for the remainder of the season

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Lucky I’ve just got rid of it then

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Almost fallen victim to this one with my partners ticket but she has been really Ill for most of this season. Now working with the club to make it much easier for her to attend going forwards we've tried not to leave the seats empty by putting them on the exchange but now back attending with additional support

Does putting a seat on the exchange ( and it selling ) count as an attendance, or is it still a black mark ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
4 is still very young to be going to every game. Probably far better off getting a ticket for the odd game, then seeing how he likes it as he gets older. You can always buy a pair of seats in the Family Stand for games and transfer your ST seat across.

This is sound advice.

My 4 year old has been to three matches this season and that’s probably his lot. His attendance was more to do with the fact that I wanted to spend time with him than he wanted to go., he generally lost interest in the March after about 15mins. I imagine some parents want to give their kids that badge of honour of having a season ticket from a young age but it’s probably a waste of time & money. No 4 year old will watch more than half an hour of a football match.

I’ll continue to bring him along to two or three games a season and wait until he asks for a season ticket and proves he really wants one before I move to the East, as others have said, he’ll probably be around 8 by then. However, he might decide it’s not for him, this thought has been crossing my mind since last Saturday!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is sound advice.

My 4 year old has been to three matches this season and that’s probably his lot. His attendance was more to do with the fact that I wanted to spend time with him than he wanted to go., he generally lost interest in the March after about 15mins. I imagine some parents want to give their kids that badge of honour of having a season ticket from a young age but it’s probably a waste of time & money. No 4 year old will watch more than half an hour of a football match.

I’ll continue to bring him along to two or three games a season and wait until he asks for a season ticket and proves he really wants one before I move to the East, as others have said, he’ll probably be around 8 by then. However, he might decide it’s not for him, this thought has been crossing my mind since last Saturday!

He is very young to be writing Solly off this quickly. Presumably it was the 15 minutes around that chance though last Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here