Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Stand up if you love gingers..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And the reason I don't like Harry Potter is that it's too far fetched. I mean whose ever heard of a ginger lad with two mates?

You've just reminded me of a bizarre time me and a few mates had on a curry night a few months back.

Drunk bloke wanders over, and just stops and stares at us (about 8 of us, including 2 gingers). He then repeats the line in your post - no warmth to it, if anything he looks angry. Understandable awkward silence at a shit joke delivered badly.

He wanders off annoyed, and spends another 15-20 mins sitting in silence next to his also drunk wife. They then suddenly leave before their food has arrived.

I'm confused exactly what he hoped was going to happen?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You've just reminded me of a bizarre time me and a few mates had on a curry night a few months back.

Drunk bloke wanders over, and just stops and stares at us (about 8 of us, including 2 gingers). He then repeats the line in your post - no warmth to it, if anything he looks angry. Understandable awkward silence at a shit joke delivered badly.

He wanders off annoyed, and spends another 15-20 mins sitting in silence next to his also drunk wife. They then suddenly leave before their food has arrived.

I was just trying to break the ice.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Weird indeed. I'm entitled to tell it since my 5 year old girl has red hair. It might not be the funniest joke in the world but anyone who wants to get offended needs to wind their neck in.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My daughter is a true Ginger and brought up to be proud of the hair colour!

I married a ginger, 47 years ago - so tbh she's not so ginger any more. It was the hair that first attracted me.

True to form the gene skipped a generation but has showed itself again in our Grandaughter.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am ginger, carroty , any old name you like. I alway viewed the nickname ‘Ginger ‘ to be a compliment. It’s not so bright now but unmistakably auburn, to give it a posh name.
Notable gingers include the drumming hero...Ginger Baker!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I married a ginger, 47 years ago - so tbh she's not so ginger any more. It was the hair that first attracted me.

True to form the gene skipped a generation but has showed itself again in our Grandaughter.

Yes, it jumped a generation to my gorgeous granddaughter.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What's not to like ?

img_3509.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Does that include your daughter?

Indeed it does. She's 5 now and we actually have our own little in joke about it. If asked what colour her hair she is briefed to say auburn. She thinks it's hilarious and my mission is not to bring her up an overly sensitive snowflake to coin NSC's favourite term.

Sorry but was your comment you getting offended on her behalf?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Married to one and she makes me feel like the most blessed man on earth. :smile:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Married to one and she makes me feel like the most blessed man on earth. :smile:

That’s lovely that.
My oldest is a redhead and she is so special a person.
I might be biased though.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Indeed it does. She's 5 now and we actually have our own little in joke about it. If asked what colour her hair she is briefed to say auburn. She thinks it's hilarious and my mission is not to bring her up an overly sensitive snowflake to coin NSC's favourite term.

Sorry but was your comment you getting offended on her behalf?

I just find it a little strange that you're teasing your own daughter about her appearance, and from such a young age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here