Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stamping on feet

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
is the only think that mattered.

As I said we can ponder whether it was intended to injure or not (or not). That is irrelevant (and a tedious mantra from old skool pundits, or former team mates). It has happened so many times in the last 18 months it is clearly a 'thing', i.e., a learned tactic.

The only time I received one of these was in 1985. By then I'd played thousands of hours of football. The bloke who did it was standing next to me and just trod on my foot then apologised. I was playing for a uni team and we were playing 'scottish veterans' (blokes mostly over 40). It is pure snidery, as noted, mpre painful than shirt pulling and less painful than testicle squeezing (the latter now gone from the game as it would get a 'nonce tag' as well as a red card).

I'd be interested to know, from thise who play amateur football, how many times a game this happens now (albeit when I say 'now' there hasn't been much fotball for 18 months which is roughly when this became a 'thing' as far as I recall (by 'thing' I mean at least one stamping per game)) versus maybe 5 years ago.

Why didn't you start a thread when that Polish player escaped a red for a much later stamp if you feel so strongly?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, no doubt. But its not deliberate.

It doesn't have to be, does it ? I thought they removed the aspect of 'intent' from decisions like these, as referee's are not mind readers.

It was a reckless challenge that endangered an opponent. That is plenty enough for it to be a red.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It doesn't have to be, does it ? I thought they removed the aspect of 'intent' from decisions like these, as referee's are not mind readers.

It was a reckless challenge that endangered an opponent. That is plenty enough for it to be a red.

It doesnt have to be, no.

It was not deliberate. It was also a red.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can't accidentally stamp your feet. If it was a stamp, it was deliberate; if it wasn't deliberate, it wasn't a stamp. There's no doubt he trod on his feet, but did it have the extra force and intent that made it a stamp?

Well, you say that...but there is PLENTY of force in this, and according to Sean Dyche that wasn't 'a stamp', either.

[tweet]716248641384615936[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why didn't you start a thread when that Polish player escaped a red for a much later stamp if you feel so strongly?

Because he wasn't sent off :shrug:

My point was that at last someone has got a red, while musing on how common this now is.

Anyway. Moder is Brighton threw and threw, nothing to see here (is that better?) ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here