Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stains away - St. Stephen's Day

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its not Fulham or Palace or Everton is it with pillars etc. All the seats are pretty good for Saints - you might have a preference for behind the goal perhaps but they aren't "bad seats" . The ones i bought in the corner at least.
:lolol:

Although Fulham is a better day out overall, seat wise there's no comparison between the corner at Saints and where you and I were at Fulham. I've still got neck ache!

el punal

The points allocation is nonsense this season. Some very bizarre decisions being made. Southampton away should be a 5 pointer every single time.

So far this season:

Man Utd
10​
West Ham United
10​
Forest Green Rovers (cup)
5​
Fulham
5​
Bournemouth
5​
Liverpool
10​
Brentford
5​
Manchester City
10​
Wolverhampton Wanderers
15​
Arsenal (cup)
10​
Southampton
10​

Bournemouth 5, but Southampton 10. What?

15 for Wolves but only 10 for Liverpool and Man City?

They still seem to be building in a glamour club factor but we are all bored of going to these places. Should be very simple:

London and South Coast 5
Midlands 10
North of Midlands 15

Possible extra 5 for Midlands in mid week.

Not hard is it?
I think you also need to factor in the time/date of the fixture. A midweek job oop north with an evening kick off should mean a lot more loyalty points than a tidy, no-problem 3.00pm Saturday fixture. Perhaps bonus points could be added for rearranged games purely on the basis that the poor fan is being buggered about yet again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So looking forward to this. In over 40 years supporting Brighton, Southampton away is one of those that has for various reasons always eluded me. Bagged tickets yesterday for my first ever away trip there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I want to go with my son in law, he’s a Luton STH and wants to go just to boooooo Nathan Jones.
I’m hoping there will still be tickets Tuesday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So looking forward to this. In over 40 years supporting Brighton, Southampton away is one of those that has for various reasons always eluded me. Bagged tickets yesterday for my first ever away trip there.
If you’re a fan of soulless bowls and journeys that take three times longer than they should, you’re going to the right place

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you also need to factor in the time/date of the fixture. A midweek job oop north with an evening kick off should mean a lot more loyalty points than a tidy, no-problem 3.00pm Saturday fixture. Perhaps bonus points could be added for rearranged games purely on the basis that the poor fan is being buggered about yet again.
Agree. The point of the loyalty scheme is to reward more for those less attractive games. Soton would normally be low but factor in no trains then and then boxing day hence it's a 10.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patreon
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Feet up in front of the tv for me, I’ve been there a few times and I’m in no rush to go back.
Boxing day, or otherwise between Christmas and New Year, seems to be my only chance of an away game south of Leicester.
Managed to get to Chelsea last season, hopefully we go one better this time and get a win.
Just in case anybody's still in any doubt, I really hate Southampton as a place.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Boxing day, or otherwise between Christmas and New Year, seems to be my only chance of an away game south of Leicester.
Managed to get to Chelsea last season, hopefully we go one better this time and get a win.
Just in case anybody's still in any doubt, I really hate Southampton as a place.
But tell me, what do you think of Southampton?

I much prefer Brighton, but Southampton has probably got a lot more history - more of its medieval walls still standing than York, for example.

el punal

Southampton is not quite as bad as you imply - certainly not as bad as some of the shit holes I’ve visited up and down the country. For me it’s a bit on the boring side and doesn’t have the dynamism to promote itself in a better light. Obviously not a patch on Brighton and Hove for entertainment and going out, or even Portsmouth with Gunwharf Quay and the Dockyard but it ticks all the boxes for living here in a humdrum way - and Winchester is just up the road for eating and drinking, and a bit of culture!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here