Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stadium tour

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Coming to the Amex for the first time tomorrow, how much the stadium can you see on a match day?
Can you walk the whole concourse?
Any tips for the best experience, apart from a win of course.
Only in the country for a week, so going to City on Saturday, We haven’t been to an away game since 2006, is it safe to wear colours?

Club shop, Dick's Bar and the concourse of whatever stand you're in will probably be the limit pre and during the game. After the game, you can wander through the home concourses until they shut up shop. Enjoy your first visit!

For City at the weekend, absolutely fine to wear colours.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Coming to the Amex for the first time tomorrow, how much the stadium can you see on a match day?
Can you walk the whole concourse?
Any tips for the best experience, apart from a win of course.
Only in the country for a week, so going to City on Saturday, We haven’t been to an away game since 2006, is it safe to wear colours?
If you are in West lower, North or East Lower you can access all 3 concourses from any of them, before the game or at half time.from West to North ( or vice-versa) just walk through the seat rows, from North to East there is access in the North East corner from the North concourse to the East Stand. The only stand or concourse ( lower) you can no longer access is the South. In the good old days before the away fans were moved from the South East corner you could access them all.

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
Did it a couple of weeks ago
Julie was excellent - very informative
A good tour - well worth doing

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
About 10 years ago for me, but as others have said, very little has changed since then. I imagine the current tour is pretty much identical.

Very enjoyable nontheless.
I beg to differ, having been fortunate to have had a few tours over the Amex years, it’s very different now compared to 10 years ago. Apart from anything else the premier league impact was huge, there isn’t just a press room now, there are 8 or 10 separate press booths, and a huge new press ‘theatre’, totally reshaping the area at the back of the changing room areas. The back of the WSU has been completely refitted for dozens of additional media reporters, the players warm up, warm down and training facilities have changed, the players entrance corridor is all new, it is evolution, but it is significant evolution.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I did the tour in 2016 and again last October. The first time we saw the museum. The second time we didn’t, is it even there anymore?

Apparently being used for storage at the moment

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We went a few weeks ago and didn’t see it but for £40 for a family of four the tour lasted about an hour and 40 minutes it was excellent.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hadn’t done the tour since about 2014 so went back again today and took my boys on the tour for the first time.

Anyway, it was great as you’d expect but I wasn’t emotionally prepared for one thing that had changed since I last did it. When walking from the tunnel onto the pitch, they line you up and play GOSBTS as you walk out. I just didn’t see it coming, it left this 41 year old man a broken mess! Had to bury my face in my coat for a bit to save my kids the embarassment!

It was a lovely touch though and the tour is great, great guide, fully recommend anyone who hasn’t been before doing it or if you have, going again as so much continually changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here