Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs on Saturday

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The game on Saturday is at the Amex, isn't it? I know my menopausal brain gets very confussed some times but according to the bbc quote from Admam Lallana we are away to Spurs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

"De Zerbi's first game in charge was a thrilling 3-3 draw at Liverpool last weekend and he faces another daunting trip to Spurs this weekend.

Lallana however says Albion are heading to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium expecting to win
"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope it is at home as I’m getting the 700 bus over. If it’s north London it’ll take ages on it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The game on Saturday is at the Amex, isn't it? I know my menopausal brain gets very confussed some times but according to the bbc quote from Admam Lallana we are away to Spurs

"De Zerbi's first game in charge was a thrilling 3-3 draw at Liverpool last weekend and he faces another daunting trip to Spurs this weekend.

Lallana however says Albion are heading to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium expecting to win
"

It's a misquote. I was listening to Lallana live last night during this interview and he definitely mentioned being back at The Amex.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can always rely on the BBC for getting their facts straight.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

"

'Confussed'... There's my word of the day right there :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's at Spurs. Due to the rail strike the FA have decided it will be easier for the 30K Brighton fans to get to North London than the Spurs fans to try and get to a ground in the middle of nowhere with no parking. Quote from the FA " we saw how well Brighton fans managed at Spurs when we moved a game to after the last train home and then 3000 at Liverpool with no trains so knew they could manage the trip"
PB "Sky say the game must go on and so we have to accept the FAs desicion and their money"
Fan commitee "Don't worry, we will bring this up straight after we've spoken about the Amex atmosphere"
Rumours that the Crystal Palace (H) game was played BCD and will be shown 'as live' next week are said to be untrue.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Adam was on bbc radio 5 talking about Liverpool game ahead of the scouse v Rangers match. Intetesting to hear from him what impression i got was his calmness and a cool head approach especially e.g. when talking about the Liverpool difficulties. That calm cool head is exactly the quality our dressing room needs Saturday against what I think will be our toughest oppisition yet, Spurs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's at Spurs. Due to the rail strike the FA have decided it will be easier for the 30K Brighton fans to get to North London than the Spurs fans to try and get to a ground in the middle of nowhere with no parking. Quote from the FA " we saw how well Brighton fans managed at Spurs when we moved a game to after the last train home and then 3000 at Liverpool with no trains so knew they could manage the trip"
PB "Sky say the game must go on and so we have to accept the FAs desicion and their money"
Fan commitee "Don't worry, we will bring this up straight after we've spoken about the Amex atmosphere"
Rumours that the Crystal Palace (H) game was played BCD and will be shown 'as live' next week are said to be untrue.

Be careful there, your venturing into unknown fog territory :facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You can always rely on the BBC for getting their facts straight.

woeful ......the reporting on games involving city and the bin dippers is nauseatingly hyperbolic and on the same shift they still get March , Gross and McAllister mixed up......whoppers...!!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Brilliant.:clap:

Be careful there, your venturing into unknown fog territory :facepalm:

This is completely different to the idiot declaring the Cardiff game off due to adverse whether.
This was funny.

Also, there is no way any one could genuinely believe it!
You get the :facepalm: this time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I noticed yesterday on the BBC Sport site that Colin Cooper's job is on the line at Forest too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

No biggie...our away form is better anyway

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Brilliant.:clap:

This is completely different to the idiot declaring the Cardiff game off due to adverse whether.
This was funny.

Also, there is no way any one could genuinely believe it!
You get the :facepalm: this time.

Is that whether it was adverse or not?
I do like correcting other peoples grandma:wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair, I’d expect us to win if were playing against an empty net. Our xG isn’t as bad as it used to be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Quite looking forward to seeing how De Zerbi ball adapts to the NFL….. (given the Spurs pitch is set up for that).

Fairly certain Dunk, Webster, Veltman and Pervis can create some time for Gross to pass the ball to March and Trossard as our wide receivers, and clearly MacAllister as a running back will be difficult to stop if he sees a gap.

Kicking the ball over the bar shouldn’t pose a problem either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here