Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Spolieriffic Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Discussion *SPOILERS*

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
>> Phantom menace <<
A little something to chew on

During the filming of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith, crew members on set kept walking into the soundstage loos to find that someone had been laying huge, coiled turds on top of the closed toilet lids.

This mystery dumper kept no regular schedule and made their mark in both the gents and the ladies. Urgent memos went up on noticeboards around the set, appealing to the crapper's sense of dignity to stop, but to no avail. The turds continued.

Execs were certain it was an inside job and the culprit they suspected most? A cast member. Practically the only one who returned to join the cast for the third film, and the third film alone.

Peter Mayhew, a.k.a. Chewbacca.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Here's my favourite spoiler that I truly fancy:

Dry-your-laundry-on-this-Japanese-crapwagon.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you've got a couple of hours and are interested in a discussion and dissection, there this from Kevin Smith (director of clerks, mallrats, writer of comics - loved the film) and Marc Bernardin (former entertainment editor, writer of comics, and TV shows - was not a fan of the movie):

https://youtu.be/PfBq8Jb5ahY

Also available as a podcast from usual podcasting sources. They start off with some general chit chat, start diving deep on rise of skywalker around the 25 minute mark. After about 90min they start letting their audience step up to the mic and start commenting, too. I'm at that point right now. Includes some fan theories on the survival of Palpatine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe. We're all basing this on one viewing, right?
Well I'm not basing it on one viewing now, I went to see it again. C3PO said about having his memory wiped, Finn said that R2 had backups and Threepio said they were unreliable. Sure Threepio was pessimistic about the chance of getting his memory back, but nothing new there. It was obvious (to any half awake fan) that R2 would be able to do it.

He looked pretty alive to me before taking their life force. or whatever.
The very first thing from the movie is the opening crawl, which starts with 'The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of revenge in the sinister voice of the late Emperor Palpatine." So he's clearly dead.

-Finn and Jannah must have Spidey grip to climb on top of the Falcon and not fall off when it speeds away (flipping as it goes).
I saw it clearly the first time, but this time I double checked how it happened. Chewy was indeed half out of the hatch, and Finn and Jannah were standing next to him, about to climb in. Then the Falcon flew off. There was no suggestion or feeling that they weren't inside by that point.

I find most people's reaction to movies are emotional, we try to explain them with logic, but the truth is if we like a film, we'll overlook what might be considered by others as flaws, inconsistency, plot holes, or we'll fill in the gaps and praise the film for not trying to spoon feed us. If we don't like a film, we'll get hung up on flaws, find any explanation for their questions insufficient or unsupported by the film.
That probably covers it. You didn't like it, so you're trying to pick holes in it. No problem.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well I'm not basing it on one viewing now, I went to see it again. C3PO said about having his memory wiped, Finn said that R2 had backups and Threepio said they were unreliable. Sure Threepio was pessimistic about the chance of getting his memory back, but nothing new there. It was obvious (to any half awake fan) that R2 would be able to do it.

The very first thing from the movie is the opening crawl, which starts with 'The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of revenge in the sinister voice of the late Emperor Palpatine." So he's clearly dead.

I saw it clearly the first time, but this time I double checked how it happened. Chewy was indeed half out of the hatch, and Finn and Jannah were standing next to him, about to climb in. Then the Falcon flew off. There was no suggestion or feeling that they weren't inside by that point.

That probably covers it. You didn't like it, so you're trying to pick holes in it. No problem.

Did you enjoy more second viewing?

Was the storm trooper shooting still bad?:D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you enjoy more second viewing?
Enjoyed the first viewing a lot (certainly a lot more than a stream I'm currently watching), and enjoyed the second viewing just as much. Took the kids this time. Daughter was crying her eyes out, son was unmoved (takes after his mother).

Was the storm trooper shooting still bad?:D
Yep. One lucky shot hit Poe, but that was about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here