Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Special Marseille ticket edition of iiiiiiiiiit’s Fridat!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why would you not choose paprika? They are THE BEST.
They're certainly up there. C&O, S&V and Marmite for variety. And if you can get some properly hot chilli crisps, they work a treat too. (Sweet chilli is undoubtedly the work of the devil, by contrast.)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG_20230915_154429.jpg

Tinto de verano this afternoon for me. Not my usual drink but no beer in and it's rather refreshing on a hot day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Draft Corfu beer for me. Followed by a bottle of local rose to go with my lamb kelftiko. Yes, I'm in Corfu.

I love Greece but really can't stand Greek wine and just the smell of retsina has me heaving. I put it down to a short series of episodes in the Summer of 78 when I was young and foolish :wink:

I've got some French Syrah which I'm sure will suffice for Marseille :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I love Greece but really can't stand Greek wine and just the smell of retsina has me heaving. I put it down to a short series of episodes in the Summer of 78 when I was young and foolish :wink:

I've got some French Syrah which I'm sure will suffice for Marseille :thumbsup:
Well, you're missing out. Greece is producing some of the world's most exciting and best value wines at the moment. You'll find most retailers stocking them now, but The Wine Society is the place to go. Assyrtiko (white) and Xinomavro (red) are the hot grape varieties.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, you're missing out. Greece is producing some of the world's most exciting and best value wines at the moment. You'll find most retailers stocking them now, but The Wine Society is the place to go. Assyrtiko (white) and Xinomavro (red) are the hot grape varieties.
Maybe it's psychological (not the Retsina bit, obviously) :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
IMG_0285.jpg

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I’ve got to drive later so my drinking will resume approximately 1 second after I get in about 9 ish.

Will be a pint of the finest Stella 5% from the perfect draft. Non of this wimpy 4.6% can nonsense.
How do you find the perfect draft? Recommend at all?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Presently drinking a can of Fosters on the 14.
Had a wonderful afternoon drinking outside The Ship after a Thai lunch in the Micky Duck. I’ve left her in town as I want an early night so I’m in Manchester by 11 tomorrow

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Started with a Mongy Triple picked up in France last week. Then a 2017 St Hallett Riesling along with a curry. Finishing off with a 15 year old Royal Brackla that spent time in a sherry cask.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
IMG_0010.jpeg
A big old glug of four roses small batch bourbon, a cricket ball sized ice cube and a good few dashes of orange angostura's bitters for me.

A cheat's old fashioned really - less faff and almost as good.

CHEERS!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
CBA to start a new thread, but this'll do even though it's Thursdat (Jeudit/Jeudat for the lucky ones?).

I have 2 kids under 2 and a half in the house, so while watching from home, I'll need to vicariously enjoy the atmosphere from those with feet on the ground in Marseille... Vous buvez quoi, les mouettes assoiffées?

I'll be enjoying a few of these Beak IPAs:
1696518093439.png

And a couple of stiff bourbons (over ice with a few drops of Angostura's orange bitters):

1696518112113.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here