Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
;9475266 said:
Subtle, you say?

d010927587b64e194f3a12f3bfecfdf8.jpg

Well, they're black...

The B&W Nautilus there....

I'd recommend having a look at the Devialet Soundbox.

Buy one cheap on Fleabay and enjoy! : https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...570.l2632&_nkw=devialet+soundbox&_sacat=14969

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That's very open minded of you,... my playbar and 5 distributed speakers, covers all my sound requirements... on any speaker in any room, tv, streaming, radio, spotify, amazon... fantastic quality, fantastic user front end... great looking too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Indeed, the main thing is we're all happy with our set-ups and systems.

Thank goodness for choice, reviews and individual personalisation to suit circumstances.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I've just bought a PHILIPS 65OLED754 and wanted a soundbar to go with it as it will be going in a recess in a chimney breast which I imagine may muffle the TV's own sound capability. I'd seen this (purely 'cos it was the same brand of the TV) but I'll be honest I don't really know a lot about sound systems - where am I meant to stick the subwoofer and do I really need one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-TAPB603-10-Bluetooth-Subwoofer/dp/B07YGPC8QM

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just connected mine to my Denon system and speakers - job done no extra cost

Yep - I was going to say, plug it into your 30 year old Goodmans amp, and listen via your 45 year old Goodmans (of 'Wembley, England') speakers - and no need for any additional cost whatsoever.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The essential question is why you require a sound bar? The biggest error is to assume that a single bar will in any way replicate a dedicated 5.1 or 7.1 system and give you an immersive surround sound effect. For that you will need additional speakers including a subwoofer. And you will need to spend some decent money. Forget any fancy single bars claiming to simulate surround sound with beams being bounced around. They invariably are ineffective and fail to take account of room shape/ size, viewing positions and soft furnishings. A few years back I had a £500 Yamaha YSP800 that promised all sorts and totally failed to deliver.

If you want to simply enhance the sound of your wafer thin TV go and speak to Richer Sounds with a sketch of your room layout and an idea of your budget. As for the need for sound bars is just the pure physics of us wanting such slim TV's

I too bought a top end Yamaha based on reviews and thought it was gash. Nor have I since come across a bar that does anything over than a modest improvement to clarity and tone. I sent the Yamaha back and bought a stunning 5.1 system that produces a real cinema experience (when needed)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just looking at splashing on a Samsung 8k QLED which has 2 speakers on all 4 sides. Promises brilliant sound, yet still wondering about a matching soundbar. Unbeatable prices on the Samsung website especially with my 15% birthday discount code, but just can't decide if I need the soundbar at all and nowhere to listen to it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just looking at splashing on a Samsung 8k QLED which has 2 speakers on all 4 sides. Promises brilliant sound, yet still wondering about a matching soundbar. Unbeatable prices on the Samsung website especially with my 15% birthday discount code, but just can't decide if I need the soundbar at all and nowhere to listen to it.
Can you actually watch anything in 8k yet? Do you have a very large room?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
a) No and b) No. Future proofing with my next 10 year TV.
I get the point of new tech, I teach computing and love gadgets etc. But I wouldn't consider an 8k TV with my small sitting room. Not saying I wouldn't like one though! It'll probably upscale HD really well along with the 4k material.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I get the point of new tech, I teach computing and love gadgets etc. But I wouldn't consider an 8k TV with my small sitting room. Not saying I wouldn't like one though! It'll probably upscale HD really well along with the 4k material.

It's a 3rd world decision. I bought my last TV for the 2010 World Cup with some compo for a bang on the head in a shop. 10 years on, it still works like a dream but it's outdated now. The Samsung offer with a free phone I can stick on eBay for at least £500 is the clincher for the TV. Just the soundbar...

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

A) Have you tried contacting Richer Sounds, and asking them for a demo?
B) If you don't want to do A), and if the sound does not live up to your expectations, once it has arrived, then go get a better sound system at that point

Sound quality is so, so subjective, you really need to hear it for yourself before you can decide.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A) Have you tried contacting Richer Sounds, and asking them for a demo?
B) If you don't want to do A), and if the sound does not live up to your expectations, once it has arrived, then go get a better sound system at that point

Sound quality is so, so subjective, you really need to hear it for yourself before you can decide.

No I haven't. They don't always have the most up to date models, but I see they have this one. I''m a Richer Sounds VIP and should have thought of them. But the appeal of Samsung is the 15% birthday discount and only £75 (which I'm happy to pay) to install it on the wall and set it up. I may see if they fancy a price match though...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The essential question is why you require a sound bar? The biggest error is to assume that a single bar will in any way replicate a dedicated 5.1 or 7.1 system and give you an immersive surround sound effect. For that you will need additional speakers including a subwoofer. And you will need to spend some decent money. Forget any fancy single bars claiming to simulate surround sound with beams being bounced around. They invariably are ineffective and fail to take account of room shape/ size, viewing positions and soft furnishings. A few years back I had a £500 Yamaha YSP800 that promised all sorts and totally failed to deliver.

If you want to simply enhance the sound of your wafer thin TV go and speak to Richer Sounds with a sketch of your room layout and an idea of your budget. As for the need for sound bars is just the pure physics of us wanting such slim TV's

Ah, Richer sounds. I got a couple of speakers they recommended built into the ceiling of my extension. The gentle sounds of Blut Own wafting out as I type.

It never occurred to me to beef up the sound from my TV. In the early 80s when I lived in Vancouver, an FM station simulcast Miami Vice so I could watch it on the TV, sound off, and listen via the hi fi. They played the whole of a track by U2 as Tubbs drove his car across town. It was awesome, almost shocking in its opulence.

But a bit gimmicky. I prefer TV to be a bit not too real. And I mostly watch football. Who the **** wants that in dolby surround sound?

Sound bar, my arse. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here