Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sonos 100 day trial

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I was very impressed with the breadth of sound when I got my first 1.

It doesn't have Bluetooth - they stream directly over the internet from your wifi, using your phone and/or tablet and/or computer as a controller to select what you want to listen to.

I use Radio by TuneIn on ours for radio including all the BBC you can shake a stick at.

ea4273c4b3dd639c4754a327e8d7b6aa.jpg

Cheers - the only issue is I listen to American Sports at times through their dedicated app so the Bluetooth thing is pretty important, do the higher models have the option? Also how are you on 42% at this time of the day!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
any one recommend a budget sound bar? I'm not going to be able to go and listen to test one out. It'll mostly just be used for music from PC, needs to be blue tooth and wall mountable. Size doesnt matter too much, smaller is better but sound for music more important.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...und-bar-10157471-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR

Are ones in this sort of price range decent enough? Currently just have some crappy tinny speakers built in to my monitor

Ta very much

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
any one recommend a budget sound bar? I'm not going to be able to go and listen to test one out. It'll mostly just be used for music from PC, needs to be blue tooth and wall mountable. Size doesnt matter too much, smaller is better but sound for music and price more important.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...und-bar-10157471-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR

Are ones in this sort of price range decent enough? Currently just have some crappy tinny speakers built in to my monitor

Ta very much

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
On this point does anyone have the Beam?

Funnily enough I have just been thinking about this again - what is the bass like on the Beam?

After using Echo for ages I got a free Google Home mini with Spotify and love how the casting works so now that Beam is about to get Google Home I am thinking about it again

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Will this affect any of you guys ??? If so, are you as miffed as some other owners?

Owners of Sonos products have reacted angrily to the firm's announcement that it will no longer issue software updates for its older devices from May.

Many say they have spent hundreds of pounds on Sonos speaker products for their homes over the years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51206604

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will this affect any of you guys ??? If so, are you as miffed as some other owners?

Owners of Sonos products have reacted angrily to the firm's announcement that it will no longer issue software updates for its older devices from May.

Many say they have spent hundreds of pounds on Sonos speaker products for their homes over the years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51206604

It is shitty. I’m only affected by my Bridge but they are pretty much redundant now but I’d be fuming if any of my speakers were. Can see no reason why they did it except ‘because they are old’ and to drive revenue with people replacing.

Sure they won’t stop working but you can bet they’ll change the way they work with 3rd party such as Spotify etc which will render them useless

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I’m effected. Got a play 5 that I bought in approx 2011 for nearly £400 that is going to be unsupported come May. Bang out of order. Purely aimed at driving revenue and has tainted my view of Sonos. We also have a playbar, play 3 and two play ones. Might as well by cheaper products from other manufacturers now when these become obsolete as well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’m effected. Got a play 5 that I bought in approx 2011 for nearly £400 that is going to be unsupported come May. Bang out of order. Purely aimed at driving revenue and has tainted my view of Sonos. We also have a playbar, play 3 and two play ones. Might as well by cheaper products from other manufacturers now when these become obsolete as well.

It’s going to affect me badly too as have play 5s and a connect. Imagine all kit will go this way. If they do this I will never ever buy another Sonos product and will look to replace it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here