Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Something in the water?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Does their already seem to be a very open feel to the league this season? It seems more than usual that the bigger teams are already under pressure to win every game but 3 games in only one side with maximum points and not necessarily the “big 6” team you’d expect. I think this seasons title will probably still go to city but any number of clubs including ours could just break into the top 4/6 with the right amount of luck and fixtures falling at a good time?. Seems to me theirs definitely something in the water

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought this was going to be a thread about the sewage problems around the UK's coastline :shit:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its an odd looking Premiership table atm that's for sure...just thinking that Utd might lift themselves for tonight's game and have Liverpool in the mire..Arsenal and Newcastle punching above their weight but what on earth has happened to Chelsea ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought this was going to be a thread about the sewage problems around the UK's coastline :shit:

Yeh, there's definitely something in the water around the Hastings area at the moment. My paddleboard will be staying in the loft this summer

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Honestly it feels very open apart from first place, which seems almost nailed on to be City (despite the draw and the herculean effort from Newcastle yesterday, the combo between De Bruyne and Haaland is genuinely terrifying and seems to just carve aside defences). Across the rest of the board its less clear who will make the top six this season. Liverpool will definitely catch up, but Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs seems less clear- spot number six feels like it could be anyones game (apart from Manure lol) Newcastle are likely favourites, but I think it could actually be quite a close competition in the top 10 (and us in the mix)

What I am happy with is that Brighton have started well and there is a palpable confidence running throughout the entire club- the fans, the team and the staff seem in great spirit. The first time I think Ive felt that since we’ve been in the EPL. Still early days but seven points in three games is fantastic form and extending our unbeaten run against West Ham is always a welcome bonus.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Its an odd looking Premiership table atm that's for sure...just thinking that Utd might lift themselves for tonight's game and have Liverpool in the mire..Arsenal and Newcastle punching above their weight but what on earth has happened to Chelsea ?

I think if you looked at any season 3 games in the table would look a little odd, but yeh, I think Utd will do alright tonight. You could get 3/1 on a draw last time I looked.

Chelsea a batshit club, but weight of money will eventually drag them up the league

I'm not sure Arsenal and Newcastle are really punching above their weight, I think they'll both be right up challenging at the top end

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wasn't it Steve Coppell who used to say that the table is meaningless until ten rounds of games have been played?

Fun as it is to see us where we are, I'm inclined to agree with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here