Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solution for new striker

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If the club buy a striker for the first team in this window I’d be amazed. It’ll be more a shuffling of what we have already from players on loan and in U23s.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If the club buy a striker for the first team in this window I’d be amazed. It’ll be more a shuffling of what we have already from players on loan and in U23s.

We are the favourites to sign Brereton-Diaz on Sky Bet (3/1) and second favourites to sign Nketiah (9/1) but I fully understand your pessimism, especially with the Argus and Athletic pouring could water on any incoming strikers possibilities.

What I would say is that Welbeck is only ever a game away from a serious injury, Maupay is a card away from a suspension and is always capable of going on a 10 game+ goal drought with the now brilliantly consistent Trossard not match fit.

If they club are relying on what we’ve got, they are missing a huge opportunity to finish much higher up the table if they don’t have reasonable back-up for Dat Guy, Maupay and Tross.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I too would be amazed, but not for the same reason.

All the strikers in the under 23's need to be on loan, next season, or else it's just Connolly II.

Locadia and Andone are gone, although god knows where the club will be hiding Andone for another 12 months.

The current 3's positives and negatives speak for themselves.

Contract wise Trossard is in a difficult spot.
It's hard to imagine Welbeck getting a third go round.

So all of a sudden the squad might be going forward with just Maupay and the rarely bounced (so not a good sign) Zeqiri.

I think the club needs to buy a striker now because they might have to buy 2 in the Summer :ohmy:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This will be quite the window.

I believe now that if Potter plays the following line-up in the forward positions, we’ll be fine for a top 10 finish. These three can get goals (if at least two of them play):

—————Welbeck——-Maupay—————
————————-Trossard————————

However, we know that injury or suspension is going to hit regularly. So we need three more attacking players to back them up.

Sarmiento is due back earlier than thought in February so that’s one body and perhaps the very young Ferguson is another?

Connolly will breathing in putrid smog by the end of the day having been announced as a Boro striker so he is out. Potter has sort of hinted that Locadia might be moving in January and whilst Andone is being sent home, surely it’ll be a revolving door job? Sima may well return but won’t be able to play for us because he has already played for two clubs this season. We then have Longman, Khadra, Zeqiri and Mitoma who’ll all surely stay at their respective loan destinations since they are getting good minutes?

In short, we need at least one more attacking ‘body’ in. I think we’re in for an exciting January as I’m sure we’ll get our man (or men) this time round.

In short, with all those you've listed, plus Tolaj, more than most other times, we don't desperately need at least one more attacking 'body' in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We are the favourites to sign Brereton-Diaz on Sky Bet (3/1) and second favourites to sign Nketiah (9/1) but I fully understand your pessimism, especially with the Argus and Athletic pouring could water on any incoming strikers possibilities.

What I would say is that Welbeck is only ever a game away from a serious injury, Maupay is a card away from a suspension and is always capable of going on a 10 game+ goal drought with the now brilliantly consistent Trossard not match fit.

If they club are relying on what we’ve got, they are missing a huge opportunity to finish much higher up the table if they don’t have reasonable back-up for Dat Guy, Maupay and Tross.

Fully agree with most of your points and really do hope we do some good business this window.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Having spent most of Christmas playing Football Manager Mobile 22 it seems we have plenty of quality in strikers and improved replacements cost £40m+

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here