Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March Tonight

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought last night was probably his best performance for a couple of years. It was probably about as good as he can be and he was half the player Lamptey is. I thought the ability of our 13 year old right back would really highlight the difference between them and highlight why we need a better player at left back but it's clearly not our number 1 priority.

I still believe Bernardo is better at every aspect of the game than March is, but Potter's made his bed. March was clearly a 7/10 last night and if that becomes his standard level of performance over the course of the season then it'll be a big improvement on the previous 3 Premier League seasons.

I’ve watched every single game Bernardo has played for us either at the game or on TV and he has never played as well as March did last night and as for better at every aspect of the game?! That’s just not even slightly true.

Bernardo might be a better defender than March (at the moment) but March is better at passing, crossing, shooting and also better positionally. There are reasons why Potter has consistently picked 2 players who have spent most of their career playing in other positions in Burn and March ahead of Bernardo.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
According to The Other 14 no player outside the Big6 carried the ball for more progressive yards than Solly March on matchday 1.

EiH3gS5UYAEIvS3.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ve watched every single game Bernardo has played for us either at the game or on TV and he has never played as well as March did last night and as for better at every aspect of the game?! That’s just not even slightly true.

Bernardo might be a better defender than March (at the moment) but March is better at passing, crossing, shooting and also better positionally. There are reasons why Potter has consistently picked 2 players who have spent most of their career playing in other positions in Burn and March ahead of Bernardo.

I think you are talking to a wall here, this is a guy that gave Potter a 1 out of 10 rating after the win against Arsenal... I dont think he cares about what Potter prefers. In this guys mind, Brighton should be a top 4 team and the best players are Bernardo, Ali J and Andone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to The Other 14 no player outside the Big6 carried the ball for more progressive yards than Solly March on matchday 1.

View attachment 128474

It's great.
Although we've all been here before, I'd love to see similar numbers Sunday evening.

I'll still not be getting on the bus, but as usual, I will stay in the queue ready to jump on.

My biggest take away from those numbers is:-

What the feck is the point of palace?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had to double check to see if I'd missed them somehow.

Wilf aside they genuinely never feature high up in the 'Other 14's' output.

Making the usual end of season table all the more frustrating.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wilf aside they genuinely never feature high up in the 'Other 14's' output.

Making the usual end of season table all the more frustrating.

Was frustrating last season as we scored 8 more goals than them during the season but they finished higher!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here