Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Am

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I guess it’s time has come.
I was also on the show as the ‘Stranger on the Sofa’ after the Coke win. Tubes looked after me for the day and he was a gent.

It definitely had a lull after Hells Bells left but was still quite funny over the last couple of seasons.

I’d imagine they’ll replace it with a cookery show…

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Loved it back in nineties and early 2000's. Kind of grew out of it at some point without noticing ! Sad ! I miss being 20 / 30 !!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I’m guessing the Fantasy Football Show with Matt Lucas and Ellis James will be shown on a Saturday morning as a sort of replacement

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was essential viewing when it was lovejoy, still good with Max but died on its arse when they got rid of Helen. Dreadful show since Fenners became host and amazed it wasn’t out of its misery years ago

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good back in the days of Hells Bells and Lovejoy (even though I thought Lovejoy was the most obnoxiously smug person on the planet). We;; past it's sell-by date now. Needed putting out of its misery years ago.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I gave up on it when Helen left, at about the same time every other Football show was employing more women, but in its day it was essential viewing. As others have said they should have kept the presenters a bit younger to appeal to the new generation.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
They never evolved the presenting team to remain current to younger generations. Lovejoy and Chamberlain were young and matched the vibe of the time. Bullard and that Manc guy are still a hark back to the heady days of Madchester and the lads of the 90s. Way off what would interest anyone under 35.

Think there is a football show on before Soccer AM with YouTubers and social media influencers that will probably take over. I guess you could say it's the modern version of Soccer AM for the new generation.

I was p!ssed when they canned GOS with Kammy and Ben.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I haven't watched it for years but the audience have long grown out of that "new lad", britpop, 90s thing.

I'm amazed Something for the Weekend / Sunday Brunch has lasted so long. It's TFI Friday with a hangover.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think there is a football show on before Soccer AM with YouTubers and social media influencers that will probably take over. I guess you could say it's the modern version of Soccer AM for the new generation.

I was p!ssed when they canned GOS with Kammy and Ben.
the Saturday Social, you are right it's the Soccer AM for the youth now and it's quite superb. If you haven't given it a watch I would implore you to give it a chance hosted by huge Man U fan Joe Thomlinson and huge Chelsea fan Adam Smith.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
the Saturday Social, you are right it's the Soccer AM for the youth now and it's quite superb. If you haven't given it a watch I would implore you to give it a chance hosted by huge Man U fan Joe Thomlinson and huge Chelsea fan Adam Smith.

Yeah I've seen a few episodes, it's decent. I thought Adam Smith was a Spurs fan? Think he used to play Frankie Frier on Soccer AM back in the day :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here